06 : the betrayal

Start from the beginning

A gunshot went off and her back window shattered, some glass flying into the car. "Fucking asshole!" Lala fell back slightly, her sister on her ass now.

"Take me off here or I'll have to unhook the wire!" Vince pleaded across the lanes to Dom. One hand gripping the truck still.

"Try it again." Dom had his arm reaching back out to him again. "One, two, three!"

Just as Dom was lined up perfectly to get Vince, the trucker locked his brakes up. It sent Vince flying around to the side of the truck with his arm wrapped in the wire he had hooked onto.

"Unhook yourself!" Dom yelled to him, finally in a full state of panic.

"I can't get my arm free!" Vince cried out. He didn't want to die, not like this.

"Vince, grab my hand!" Dom tried to calm him down but it wasn't working.

"My arm!" Vince choked out.

"Listen, give me your hand. I'm gonna pull you off the rig!" Dom yelled but Vince was panicking so much there was no reaction to his words other than screaming for Dom's help. "Vince! Hold on! Give me your hand! Listen to me!"

Lala moved forward again and jumped when another shot was fired. From what she could barely see under the truck, Dom's tire was shot and started sparking.

"Dominic!" Vince screamed and reached his hand out. Dom cursed under his breath, trying to get back over to Vince. "Dominic!"

"Hang on!" He yelled over to him and Lala sized up the underside of the truck. She could fit, no doubt about it with how low the civic sat.

"Dom! Move out of the way." Lala spoke into the walkie but was cut off by Letty going under the truck instead.

"I'm coming to get him." Letty stated and pulled up past Dom but as she got closer to Vince, the trucker swerved into her causing Lala to swerve away and Letty to go flipping in her car off of the highway and into the brush.

"Letty!" Lala screamed and tried to get over to her but the truck blocked her way.

"Leon!" Dom yelled into the walkie to him. "Pull back for Letty."

Lala got on the walkie next. "Baby, get her out of there!"

"I'm on it! Go!" Leon confirmed to both of them, spinning a 180. "I've got her! You get Vince off that truck." He drove in the opposite direction towards Letty's wreck.

Lala finally pulled under the truck and came up behind Dom, watching him struggle to get to Leon before another shot got fired off. This time it hit Dom's hood, smoke billowing out of it. She swerved around him as he lost his momentum and pulled her own piece out firing a shot at the driver but missing.

In her side mirror she saw Brian and somebody else, presumably Mia, flying towards her. Dom was out of commission but she could see Leon stopping next to him. She gripped the wheel and tried moving in again.

"Vince! Hold on, I'm coming!" She yelled out to him and his groans of pain made her heart pound faster. Lala unbuckled her seatbelt and looked over at him again. Vince was still wrapped in the wire by his right arm but now he was bleeding from a gunshot wound to his side. She moved closer and the truck driver swerved towards her again, she narrowly dodged his hit.