Chapter Twenty-One: Lunch Time

Start from the beginning

"Well, word spreads quickly among the Senseis and Masters." Raven said, walking over to their desk and kicking their feet up. "Now, what's this I hear about not eating?"  

"Well, umm..." Taylor trailed off.  

"She won't eat properly." I said simply, "And I told her she needs to eat but every time she gets stressed or overwhelmed, or overthinks about something, she doesn't eat properly."  

"Ah, you might have an eating disorder if it's a problem with food, but your metabolism could just be very low. I had an eating disorder, so trust me when I say, I understand how you feel. I know you don't know me very well yet, but if you'd like to talk to someone about it, I'm here. And I'm on a break right now too, so now would be the best time to do it." They replied, urging her to share her thoughts and feelings with at least one person.  

"That would be helpful, thank you." Taylor said, and I felt her relax beside me.  

"Ok," They said, "Do you mind leaving us Evangelene?"They asked.  

"Yeah, for sure." I said, heading to the door, "I'll just wait outside." I stepped into the hallway and pulled my phone out to text Tami.  

[Me] 

Hey Tami, I took Tay to talk to someone about her not eating, so she's in Raven's office right now talking with them.  

I said, sending the text down to her.  

[Tami]  

Ok, that's good. Be back soon cause the break's over soon.  

She replied, and sent a picture of everyone else, sitting at the table we'd left them at. Hayden was hugging Jinn, Lee was sticking her tung out at Ezra, who had his face smushed up in a weird way, Tami looked like she was cheering for something, while Kennedy and Willow crossed their eyes, Willow's mouth stuffed with fries.  

I laughed and texted back,  

[Me] 

Don't have all the fun without us! 😝 

[Tami] 

Lol, we won't! 

Unless you guys take forever up there 😋 

Lol, I'm just kidding. I know it's important for her to  talk to someone about this. It's gonna be real tough on all of us if we're the only ones dealing with it, so it'll be good for her to talk to Raven about it. 

[Me] 

Yeah, I'm glad that she chose to talk with them. I did kinda have to force her up here, but at least she's talking cause she wants to.  

[Tami]  

Yeah, that is really good.  

Outta curiosity (and cause I'm worried, as always) do you know what this one's about this time? 

Usually her not eating has something to do with stress or trauma.

[Me]  

No clue 🤷🏽‍♀️but Imma go with stress for this one 

[Tami]