Outbreak.

"Stay indoors. I repeat, stay indoors. It's too dangerous outside", was the last thing the reporter said before SWAT broke in. Me, my 2 brothers, and sister, were all taken by individual SWAT members. I could feel my voice crack and give in as I screamed their name. I couldn't see anymore, the officer had his hands over my eyes as he yelled at me to shut up.

This was not what they told us they were doing. Next thing I know I'm with 22 other strangers in what I think is an underground bunker. They give us food for the whole day in the morning and then we don't hear from them again. Everyday. My choir was cleaning raw foods and fixing the kids beds. Lucy Bender was due the second week of being down here. She had her second kid. She's a senior.

So instead of taking care of her own infant, I'm in charge of him. She didn't even name him. Lucy's only job is to sweep and flirt. I wont be surprised if she got pregnant again, the boys need someone to go to, and I'm not her. I call him booger. No one else talks about him. They don't have to, I take care of him. Alex Hopkins, his jobs to tinker whatever we need, made me a baby holder. The one that goes up front. So boogers stuck to me all day anyways. He barely cries, he behaves well, but whenever I mention him everyone's complaining. Who knows why.

The 167th day was the day me and booger would finally be free. Free from me having to starve to feed him my food I had mashed up. Me eating dry cereal for him to have my milk. He's not supposed to have that milk but the above people won't give me powdered and Lucy couldn't give two shits. I wont have to fix up the kids beds after the threw the blanket off their bed, slobbered on their pillows, and lost their socks in the sheets.

We don't know what the above world looks like anymore. I don't want booger to grow up down here, in isolation, being with Lucy, getting fed by the above people. What made them so special anyways? Why do they get to stay up there? I bet they stole all our houses. Our cars. I bet they sip piña coladas and beers on the beach. The shit we should be doing.

We will be doing. Todays the 167th day. The day me and booger will be free. It started this morning when the above people came down to give us our food. Rick Norris, he retrieves the food each morning, told the giver our food was molder. He didn't lie and I didn't exactly want booger and me eating moldy food and contracting some deadly disease and not getting treated for it.

"Our shit has mold on it, gang" , Rick said and gave it back to the giver, who inspected it closely and nodded. He went back upstairs but he didn't close the door. Rick just stared.

"It's open stupid!" Lucy said to him and ran over, her little minion kid following. She looked up, "we can escape!"

"Are you stupid? Their probably waiting up there with guns. This is probably some test. Like in the movies"

"We ain't in no movie" , Sarah burgess replied, her accent bleeding through.

"Are you stupid, Pendejo?" Lucy said to Rick, "go grab our stuff and let's go!"

They all walked away from the entry. I didn't grab anything. I wish I had. The only thing I grabbed was ricks pack. Rick was an athlete. I'm sure it had great things in it. I climbed up the ladder and looked around. The sun hurt. The giver was at his truck. I assumed he was getting yelled at by the look on his face. I climbed out and started running. I don't know where, I had no idea where we were anyways. I held booger close and ran through the trees. Just like a movie. Just like Rick said.

I don't know how long I ran for. I had no idea where I was, or what was out here. What was so dangerous they kept us underground. I had no idea how I was going to support both me and booger. I'm only 17. But I sure am glad for the 167th day. The day we became free again.