Chapter 1

Ha-neul Cho was a respected repairman.

     Every day he would maintain and repair machines. He would go to someone's house to fix their switches, outlets and circuit breakers. He has always been good at diagnosing the problem quickly and figuring out the most efficient way to correct them.

     Also, Ha-neul loved to see himself actually doing stuff, to see the most small of an issue and immediately fix it, it was his speciality. He liked feeling important, even if he wasn't.

     By the end of the day, Ha-neul Cho was just your average guy. At the age of 25 he had never even had a relationship, though he didn't mind as he was working half of his day, and when he got back from work he liked his home to be quiet.

     Though, he did long for physical touch, just as any man of his age would. Ha-neul would catch himself in his bed, embracing himself and not being able to fall asleep without caressing his own cheek. He was lonely.

     He didn't have many friends, mostly because he was what some people would call a workaholic. Work was his home, his safe space, the one thing he knew how to not mess up. He felt comfortable doing his work, even if the interaction with clients were his only time of social interaction.

     As a child, Ha-neul Cho had always wanted to be a rock climber. He had joined various clubs in which he could start climbing. Aerial acrobatics, competition climbing, bouldering, no matter what, he would find great joy in it.

     Though, he knew better than trying to make that a profession. His parents had always warned him that his whole climbing thing would never get him anywhere.

      But Ha-neul was alright with it. Even if he stopped the clubs after high school, he would still go bouldering on his free days.

     It's what made him feel alive.

Today was one of those days, one of the days the man finally had some free time, and instead of meeting friends or family like most of his colleagues do, he had just come back from bouldering.

His hair still wet from the shower, he decided to go shopping for some essentials. Maybe the man could make himself something nice to eat that day, Ha-neul didn't have the chance to go out to eat, it never fit his budget.

So Ha-neul Cho decided to visit the nearby supermarket, his stomach craving Bulgogi with rice.

     Even though it was already pretty late, there were still quiet a few customers in the supermarket. It was pretty full and the lines at check out were just getting longer and longer.

     To get out quickly and get home soon, Ha-neul Cho decided to not search for all the ingredients he would need for Bulgogi with rice, and rather took a frozen pizza for himself.

     As Ha-neul reached check out, something seemed off. A woman was entering the store, she didn't walk properly, head hung low. At first he thought she was some homeless addict or a drunk, but then Ha-neul Cho saw the blood. Her whole left leg seemed to bleed, her pants getting dyed red.

     No one else seemed to notice the woman, who just started walking through the isles, but Ha-neul decided to keep an eye on her. Something was very off, by the way she carried herself, her general aura.

     Soon the woman seemed to have found what she was looking for; A small medical kit with plasters and bandages, painkillers, and a disinfectant spray.

     "Probably for her leg wound", Ha-neul thought to himself as the woman stood two people behind him in check out. Still, he did have an rather odd feeling about her though and decided to stay on guard.

     And he was right to stay cautious.

     Suddenly the woman attacked the young man in front of her, biting him hard. You could hear his bones breaking and it looked like a flesh wound.

     All hell broke loose in the store. People were trying to help the man who was now laying on the floor, shaking on the ground, it looked like he had a seizure. Ha-neul wanted to run out of the store, maybe call help, but suddenly he got a notification on his phone.

      "Huh? Zombies?", Ha-neun said to himself quietly as he looked at his phone alert, before turning around and looking through the store.

      Quiet a lot of people have been bitten by now, most just laying on the ground, others going around biting even more.

      "Doesn't seem like I'd be safe outside", Ha-neul said to himself, his face showing his panicked state as he run back deep inside the store, trying to find a place to hide himself.

     The supermarket was to bright, and obviously there were no hiding opportunities, and when he found one, then it would be somewhere where he himself couldn't see anything.

     Ha-neul Cho decided on staying low on top of the shelves. As he was quickly climbing up, a zombie took his foot, trying to rip the man back down.

     "Shit!", Ha-neul said sharply, shaking his foot violently as the zombie wouldn't let go.

     He quickly took one of the cans behind him in the shelve and threw it.

     Then another one, and more and more, trying to either distract the zombie enough to let his leg alone or either actually hurt the zombie.

     Ha-neul didn't know which of those options was the one that worked, but he finally was able to climb the shelve, staying low and trying his best to get unnoticed by the other zombies in the store.

     But looking around, there were a lot. It seemed like everyone was a zombie now, Ha-neul being the only survivor.

     Countless store workers and customers were laying on the floor, others wandering around, looking for another victim.

     "Fuck", Ha-neul whispered. He was in deep shit.

••••••••••
I know I was meant to upload this earlier, so sorry about that guys, but I hope you like it anyway!

(1030 Words)