I waved back with a smile before sitting on a bench next to Zade and—oh, the day just keeps getting better and better. Ivan Mishkin, grandson of the supreme commander of Europe, Lena Mishkin's son. I couldn't even fight the urge to sigh in frustration as I sat next to him.

"Ivan," Mum called out before he even had the chance to raise his head and say something to me, "you're up."

Heaven is in fact under the feet of mothers. Ivan put down his water bottle and walked to the middle of the room, standing in front of her.

The academy was built when I was just born, for mentoring and training people with powers, like Emmaline, me, Zade, and everyone in this place. There is an academy in every nation, but not in every city. Now that countries and cities are back, and sectors are not a thing anymore, there is only one academy in each country, since people with powers weren't exactly scattered everywhere.

The academy had three floors, the first had lockers and resting rooms for people training us, Mum and Dad among them. Jello also coaches sometimes if she had the time, and I don't think Uncle Warner will tolerate all these teenagers. Mum and Dad are the ones who were glad to take that role, they only coach three days a week, though.

The second floor is for physical training, where my Dad probably is right now showing off his muscles and fighting skills before actually training people. And the third floor is where I am right now, mental and focusing training. And my mum was one hell of a mentor.

I zoned out not focusing on Ivan's practice, thinking about what happened today at school. 'You didn't have to do that.' I hate when she says that, I hate it more when she ignores them too. I know Emmaline is not scared to stand up for herself, I know that if she wanted she could put them all in their place. But I never once saw her even glare at them, because she simply doesn't want to. It made me fuel with anger.

I was walking out of my building today when I saw them giving her dirty looks, and probably saying worse and I couldn't take it. Emmaline didn't deserve to be looked down at, she was the purest souls I've ever met, she never talked down on anyone, even when anyone in her place would absolutely do that giving who she was. She never even bragged about who her family is, and people hating her just didn't make sense to me.

"Emma," my mum's voice snapped me out of the daydream, and I looked up to see Ivan already done with his training going to talk to some guy, "you ready?"

"Yup!" Emmaline jumped out of her seat, and held her head up walking to Mum, "let's go."

My mum smiled and motioned to the small balls on a table, "Okay, I want you to clear your mind, only focus on one thing; hitting each one of your target," she pointed at some empty bottles on another table a bit far, "with these balls."

"Easy enough."

"With these fans on," my mum flipped a switch on the wall turning two fans towards the tables, the wind strong enough that it send a breeze all the way to where I am, "they'll complicate your mission, so focus."

I tilted my head watching as she took a deep breath and closed her eyes, probably tuning out the noise around her, before her eyes snapped open. A moment later, a ball went flying so fast it hit the glass on instant. The second one was slower, but it still hit the bottle right in the middle. I saw as she clenched her hands at the third before the ball flew inches above the table and then heading straight to the bottle, well until it suddenly took a turn rolling on the floor.

"Oooh," I waited until she turned her head to me before I smirked, "hard luck, loser."

"It was one ball," she crossed her arms, "The first ones were perfect and—"