Chapter 15

Classes had begun again, so there was enough activity to drown Alli's thoughts.

He had two classes in music where they were all classmates... so, he saw them more.

Ken also made good with his promise last year, that he would 'remedy' Alli spending more time with Justin.

Which is why a crowd is currently gathering outside Alli's classroom, while he was fixing and putting his things inside his bag.

Because Ken... bless his inconceivable brain, decided to fetch Alli 'to and from' his classes, every single time... Whether Jah was with Alli or not.

Alli slung his bag on his shoulder. As he waded through the crowd. He saw Ken standing there with all the poise of an unperturbed pillar, people were commenting on his bracelet, and he was calmly showing it to them, chatting up some of them politely.

His face was a poker face as usual, but what caught Alli's eye was the fact that he was wearing glasses.

Ken suddenly glanced at Alli's direction, which also made the people around him simultaneously look at Alli too. Which made Alli feel extremely uncomfortable... having all these people stare at him.

Ken had a poker face on, and Alli had his resting 'dick' face, or as Justin called it, "resting stern face" ... an unfortunate biological circumstance of his, that he had no control over... the fact that he was towering over most of the people there, didn't help.

You could almost feel the clouds darkening because of his and Ken's faces. The crowd parted down the center nervously... like the red sea.

Ken suddenly smiled, showing his teeth. He then nodded his head politely at the people nearest him, apologizing, and saying that he needed to leave.

The people around him were too stunned to speak, and some were secretly taking photos, apparently, they weren't used to seeing Ken smile widely.

Ken put his arm around Alli's shoulders, then raised is eyebrow cockily. Alli shook his head and smiled a bit too.

There was a collective gasp from the crowd. It startled Alli, so he whipped his gaze towards them quickly. Apparently, it was because they were also not used to seeing him smile.

These people are so OA.

"Been here long?

"Nope...Just got here, my class also just finished a few moments ago... Shall we go? Before Stell beats me up for taking too long to pick you up. He's reaaally protective of you." Ken grinned.

Stell really was, it was scary sometimes.

They started to walk back to the hangout.

"You don't need to pick me up every day and, in every class, you know... I know how to walk. Besides, my classmates are very friendly too." Alli reasoned.

"Should I be worried?" Ken frowned. "Are you planning on replacing me? I have to always be your best friend, ok? Just ignore those other people." Ken crossed his arms.

"Will stop being OA?" Alli laughed. "You're so competitive, you aren't content with Jah, you also want to compete with other people." Alli rolled his eyes.

"I thought kuya was your best friend? Aren't you too greedy? Are you collecting friends?" Alli asked laughingly.

Ken's face suddenly grew serious.

"I have very few friends, even fewer friends who I'm really close with." Ken sighed.

"Stell is my best friend, yes. But he's also friends with everybody. That's just his character." Ken smiled fondly.