The Guy on The Football Team

Hey guys!!! I can't believe I haven't written anything since April after you know what. But now I'm back!!! I've changed my username, so the account probably looks a bit different but I'm still the same - and I look forward to writing loads for you guys!! I'm on uni break and have been super inspired by Taylor and Travis, I'm actually a bit obsessed with them, they're so cute and I'm so happy for Taylor! Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy the story - let me know if you have any ideas of what you'd like me to write too!

-------------------------------

Travis Kelce wasn't something she saw coming. In fact, she'd pretty much sworn off dating entirely after what had happened earlier this year. Sure, she'd had some fun here and there with a few people, but a fully fledged relationship? No. It hadn't been on the cards. But then Travis Kelce and his damn friendship bracelet changed her mind. It was a huge gesture and she'd known then that she had to try. Now, they've met up twice, one at her place in Nashville, and once at his in Kansas City, plus they've been texting and talking on the phone non-stop back and forth. She can't help the butterflies that fill her stomach every time his name pops up on her phone, and the stupid smile that makes its way onto her face. He'd not at all been what she'd expected. He's probably not what anyone else would expect either. He's a giant 6 foot 5 man who is a force to be reckoned with on the football field, and yet when he's with her, he's just the biggest softie in the world and she can't help but fall for him. He's so gentle with her, so compassionate and understanding of her needing to take things slowly. 

Today, he'd invited her to a football game in Kansas City. She'd wanted to go, truly, and she still does. But now that it's game day, she's nervous. She's meeting his whole family, his friends, his teammates, and telling the world that Travis had in fact made a move. This is the moment where there will be no turning back, and she has no idea whether it'll screw everything up or not. But she's tired of hiding, so she agreed to go. She agreed to sit in the Kelce box, with his friends and family, and publicly cheer him on while he plays. She'd touched down in Kansas last night late after tour rehearsals and had spent the night in a hotel - not wanting to disturb him while he slept, knowing he had to get up early this morning too. She also wasn't entirely sure that two in person dates warranted staying over with someone, but Travis had offered for her to stay with him tonight after the party and she'd agreed, excited that he wanted her to stick around. She'd sent him a good luck message the moment she'd woken up, and he'd thanked her with like a million hearts - something else to make her heart flutter today. Taylor finishes her makeup and changes quickly, knowing she needs to leave soon if she wants to make it on time, and with a final look in the hotel mirror, she's off. 

When Taylor arrives at the stadium, she notices how different it looks today than it did when she played there last. Instead of a sea of sequins and flashing lights, there's football jerseys and grass. Travis' mother is the one who comes down to greet her, Taylor recognises her from pictures and she can't help feeling the nerves kick in again. 

"You must be Taylor! It's so nice to meet you, Travis has told me so much about you." Donna gives Taylor a hug, which she gratefully returns. It warms her heart how welcoming she is. 

"It's so great to meet you too! I'm sorry this was all so spur of the moment!" She smiles at Donna, hoping she's coming across okay. She's never met a boyfriends mother without her boyfriend around to introduce the two before. 

"Nonsense, if there's one thing I've learnt over the years with my two boys is that I need to be good at going with the flow!" Donna laughs, "Let's go up to the suite, Ed should be up there too, and a few of Travis' friends. I assume you have security coming with you?" 

"Oh yeah, these four." She points to the men standing a bit behind her. "Two usually come in with me and the other two stand outside, if that's okay I mean." She's nervous again, she knows this part of her life definitely isn't 'go with the flow' as Donna had just said.