mommy and daddy

I open my eyes from a deep sleep. I slowly turn over to the other side of my bed and check the time.

6:03am. School.

I slouch up and walk to my bathroom. I take off the panties and bra that I slept in and turn on my shower. I wash my body and hair, and start to overthink about everything. I think too much. That's something about me that I hate.

I get out and through a towel over myself. I walk out to my closet and find something to wear. I want to look lazy today, so I just pick out some torn black shorts and a drug rag with white high top converse.

I blow dry and straighten my hair, then start my makeup. I don't do much, just mascara and winged eyeliner.

I brush my teeth and grab my backpack for school. I walk downstairs and find my older sister. Shes already ready, looking great. As always. It's annoying.

She's a popular girl. The only one that's actually nice to me. When she's with her friends, she's iffy. I always want to just slap her across her face.

"Ready?" She asks in a high voice. I nod my head, and we walk outside to her car. She's a senior, and I'm a sophomore. I can't afford a car, so I just drive with her.

"So how'd you sleep?" She asks. I ignore her, and just stare outside.

"Okay then." she breaths out.

We pull up to our high school's parking lot. I get out right when she stops. I don't like being with her at all. I search the front of the school for my best friend, Michael.

I finally spot him after 2 minutes of looking. He's leaning against a tree at the entrance of the school. I walk towards him.

"Hey." I say, leaning next to him.

"Yo." he simply says.

"Can we skip today? I'm not in the mood to be here." I tell him.

The bell rings, as he contemplates on what we should do. Stay or leave.

"Okay. Let's go." He says, walking away from the tree and to his car. He unlocks it, and I hop into the passenger seat.

He makes me happy. He's my only friend, and I'm so thankful for him to be in my life.

"Where do you wanna go?" He asks.

"My place." I say. He nods, and starts the car. My
parents passed away in a car crash, and I turned into a mess.

"Are you okay? Why don't you want to go to school?" He asks.

"I don't know." I sigh.

"Do you miss them?" He asks. I silently nod, and throw my face into my hands in stress.

"It's going to be alright. You're a strong girl. We can get through this together. Okay? I love you." He says.

"I love you too." I tell him.

I miss the comfort of my mom. The advice from my dad. Fuck. Why did they have to go? I love them so much. The last thing I told them was that I loved them and to drive safely.

I miss them. Mommy, Daddy, please come home.