𝟬𝟮𝟴. it's so over

Bắt đầu từ đầu

in what world does she get to be upset? she chose this.

his tongue rolls across his inner bottom lip as he pulls his eyes away, forcing himself to block her out and focus on following the principal instead. he can't allow himself to waste anymore energy on her when all that's done has ended him up here.

when he ultimately passes through her line of vision, he's internally relieved as he can't stand to look at her right now. he and the principal eventually reach his locker, and a couple awkward minutes pass of chris gathering his stuff up before they begin taking the same path they just traveled, now to exit.

they maneuver through the hallways for a second time and once they make it back to the office, chris has to sit through a multitude of tedious moments in which the principal gets stopped for small talk by a different variety of coworkers.

finally, the principal gives him one last scolding before sending him on the way with all of the stuff he needs for the next week. he takes in a deep breath before pushing the front school doors open and tries to hide the way his expression diminishes at the sight of marylou parked in one of the very first spots. all he can think about is how he is so not looking forward to this on his way to the passenger side of the car.

as soon as he opens the car door, the silence of the car engulfs him. he's immediately feeling uncomfortable due to the tension radiating from his mother in the drivers seat, but he ignores it to his best ability as he climbs inside. his face scrunches up slightly when the sound of the door closing fills the relatively quiet vehicle.

he decides to get this over with as quickly as possible. he accepts his fate. "mom—" he tries.

"i don't even want to hear it, chris," she cuts him off before he's even really began, causing him to instantly shut his mouth. she switches the gear shift and begins pulling out after shooting chris a disapproving look. he looks out his window as she adds, "i didn't teach you violence."

chris clamps his eyes shut for a moment before coming up with a poor line of defense. "but, jax—"

"jax?" marylou repeats instantly, chris instantly knowing he's fucked up at the very tone of her voice. she looks over at him in disbelief and suddenly, his shoes look like the most interesting thing in the world. "don't tell me this is the same jax you've been complaining about for years," he can feel the narrowing of her eyes, and it makes him squirm in his seat. "clementine jax?"

chris' mood immediately sours at her last words, snapping his head to finally look back at her. "yes, clementine jax," he responds reluctantly, as if the sentence pains him. he then looks away, leaning further into his seat. "and sorry to say, but seriously, he had it co—"

he's unsurprisingly interrupted by his mother reaching forward to lightly swat his arm. he instinctively looks over to her and she purses her lips. "i told you i don't want to hear it, chris."

he sighs and turns away yet again, now sinking further into his seat.

()

( ☾ )