ミ✮ 𝐬𝐦𝐬 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬┆[t. inumaki]

Start from the beginning

After all, it was still dawn and Nobara treasured her beauty sleep. An unpleasant, internalized whine sounded from the first-year's side of the floor, causing Maki to turn away from [Y/N]'s continuous and highly irritating texting and catch the moment Nobara put her head into her pillow face first.

Clicking her tongue incredulously, Maki's hand gripped the back of Nobara's hair and lifted the sleepy girl's head from the pillow in one motion, forcing a hushed yelp from Nobara's mouth. The ache in her scalp from the way Maki manhandled her was the least of the first-year sorcerer's worries when her superior began ranting and pointing at the area of interest on the opposite side of the dorm room.

"Look. Just look. She's a lost cause. I should've never set her and Inumaki up. They make me sick. It's almost like they can't function independently."

Maki spoke with clear dissatisfaction, thinking back to the day she selflessly assisted [Y/N] and Toge in getting together. That was almost a year ago and back then, Maki Zen'in believed she was doing the right thing—acting on behalf of two individuals who were circling each other, but never having enough confidence to express their feelings.

Now, she had to deal with the consequences of her stupidity. The green-haired second-year was aware of how she unintentionally created a monster in terms of her friends' romantic relationship. The amount of time the couple spent on their phones was becoming humanly impossible and kind of concerning. To be fair, [Y/N] [Y/L/N] had always had a severe phone addiction, always texting away to whomever. So much so that it hindered her attention seeing as [Y/N] would not watch where she was walking, periodically bumping into people and then apologizing without even looking up from her damn phone.

And while the notion could've been considered rude anywhere else, at her tight-knit school consisting of sorcerers, [Y/N]'s dependence on her phone was what made her unique. It gave her fellow sorcerers something to lovingly tease her about. However, now that [Y/N] had a boyfriend, that severe reliance on technology had unfortunately rubbed off on Inumaki. The two were seldom not staring at their phones and messaging each other. That quote-unquote "honeymoon phase" of their relationship seemed neverending. The two second-years never wanted to be apart from the other. Not even for a minute.

Maki was starting to get fed up by the sight of [Y/N], thus, that reoccurring irrationality took over her body and before she knew it, the green-haired girl reached for her pillow.

"I think it's kind of nice that [Y/N]-chan found someone who adores her—"

Nobara drowsily began, head beginning to lay back onto her pillow now that Maki was no longer grasping her hair, though the first-year's optimism was shattered when a certain green-haired sorcerer viciously launched her weighty pillow across the beautifully decorated dorm room and hit [Y/N] square in the head even though she believed to be protected by all those blankets.

A muffled groan erupted from underneath the covers, as soon as the pillow collided with [Y/N]. The fact that she also dropped her phone edge-first onto her sternum because of the sudden impact involving Maki's abnormally heavy pillow essentially doubled her discomfort. However, the second-year had no time to voice her pain out loud.

"Oi! Lover girl! Sleepovers mean no interactions with the male species. You can go one night without texting your precious boyfriend. He can wait until morning. The guy waited seventeen years to be noticed by a woman, he can definitely survive a few more hours."

Maki knowingly admitted, not missing an opportunity to poke fun at the lack of feminine affection Toge had received in the past as she sat up on the floor. All the Zen'in girl heard from [Y/N] in response was a mumbling of words she couldn't quite understand.