She sat at the bar alone, just waiting for someone to come over to her, and after a few minutes she almost thought someone was heading towards her.

      Luke stood there, in the middle of the crowd just dazed. Ari wondered if he was daydreaming, but what he saw was much worse.

  "Hey Luke. You good?" She called out to him, worried even though she didn't necessarily like him, or any of her brother's friends.

  "Yea, of course." He lied.

    "Want to have a drink?"

  "Sure." He felt a little hesitant, but sat down beside her anyways.

"What was that over there? You were just standing still.. almost like you were frozen or something."

"I was just zoned out."

   "Do you do that very often? I mean I'd hope not considering you're supposed to be number one at our school, but no judging if you do."

   "No, never. That was the first time."

    "Shit. Could it be the shrooms?"

  "I've taken them before and it's never done that."

  "Maybe you shouldn't drink then."

  "Oh I'm going to drink."

   "Okay then. Cheers." She held up her glass, forgetting that he didn't have a drink. "First ones on me, but you have to promise you'll get the second round."

       "Promise." He stuck his pinky out, something that seemed so childish yet so genuine, so she stuck hers out too and sealed the promise.

       They had a few drinks, not talking much, but both enjoying each other's presences. Ari didn't realize how much her perspective of Luke would change after that night. He wasn't a bad guy like she once thought, he wasn't fake like other supes.

      "There's Andre." She looked down the bar to see her brother flirting with a girl dressed in pink.

     "And he's using his power again to try to attract someone."

     "Typical Andre."

     she watched it happen, unlike Luke, who was busy taking a sip of his drink. The bird Andre formed out of a quarter with his powers sliced through a random girls neck when someone bumped into him.

     Horror was all she felt. It was like what once happened to her was happening to him. Maybe it was the Anderson family curse.

She didn't realize how loud the sound she let out of her mouth was. She had screamed out of pure panic.

The music almost instantly stopped.

Luke and Ari got up, making their way towards the body, watching Andre press his fingers at the wound.

"Oh my God. What the hell happened?" Jordan said, covering the obvious panic in their voice, unlike Ari who felt like she had to stop herself from hiding.

"I think I hit an artery dude! Aw fuck! Some fuck bumped into me! I think she's gonna die man she's bleeding out."

"We need to call 911." Jordan turned to Cate and the others.

"They won't get here in time. We need to go. We need to get the fuck out of here!"

"We need to get the fuck out of here now." Jordan turned back to Andre whispering so only he could hear them. "We need to get the fuck out of here now." They said again to emphasize how important it was.

"We can't just fucking leave her! Not again." Ari put her hands on her head.

"Come on." Cate grabbed Jordan and the others.

The crowd around them was speaking out, wondering why they wouldn't help the woman bleeding out on the floor.

Ari had no choice but to follow the others, while Athena stayed with Marie and watched as she saved the lady. She manipulated the blood spilling from her neck to go back into the body, stabilizing her until the ambulance could get there.

While she was saving her the others, except for Ari, were freaking out in the car. Ari just used her coat to clean up the blood off his face, she didn't care about her coat she didn't want him to feel like she once did, to walk into a room covered in blood for people to only stare and be frightened of you.

"Shit man I just killed that girl." Andre felt scared, he didn't know how he was going to cover that up.

"We don't know that you killed her." Luke tried to be positive, but they all knew she was a lost cause.

   "Yea we do man. Her blood was spilling out of her neck. She's dead from blood loss."

    "You shouldn't have been so fucking careless." Jordan immediately regretted what they said.

    "Yea, let me go erase it all. Shit!" Andre was angry, at no one but himself.

   "Calm down guys." Ari added before sidetracking, suddenly remembering. "Athena! we forgot about Athena and Marie." Ari looked around in a shocked state, this being the first time they even crossed her mind.

"They're the ones that stayed behind, we can't afford to get caught." Cate spit out, something that was the truth, but something Ari hated.

"Yea like I could. My dad and half the world is already looking to make sure I don't fuck everything up again."

"Now isn't the time." Jordan said, looking down.

"What now Jordan? What do you have to say to me? Since you always make it your job to criticize me."

"I'm just saying. This isn't about you. It's about your brother."

She stayed silent. It might be about Andre, but they had no clue what she was really referring too, only what they heard from the media about her being the lone survivor in a major villain attack.

     "Fuck you."

    "Is that the only line you know?"

    "Yea, fuck you."

     "What's your deal with me anyways?"

     She ignored them, and would continue doing so the rest of the way back to Godolkin.

   Things were already getting eventful, and school hadn't even started yet.