Chapter 09|Ghostface Ass

🫀

🫀

"Is this a good plan?" Ethan asked as they walked to the subway. "You don't have to come if you don't want to," Tara grumbled. "Then he can kill us one by one," Ethan explained. "We have to come to the movie theater," said Sam as she got on the subway.

"Wait! Sam! Chad!" Lu yelled as she grabbed Chad's hand. "Oh shit," said Chad as people pushed past the two. Someone pushed them aside, causing them to let go of each other. "Shit," said Lu as the door just closed. "Fucking hell," said Mindy. "You too?" asked Lu with a sigh. Mindy nodded.

The two flinched when they felt a hand on their shoulder.

It was Ethan.

"Get your ghostface ass away from us," snapped Mindy. Ethan raised an eyebrow confused as Mindy pulled Lu with him. "Sorry," muttered Lu as she was pulled along by Mindy. 

Lu pulled her phone out of her pocket and saw a worried text from Chad. She texted him back that she was fine and was waiting with Mindy and Ethan for the next subway. 

"I really don't trust him. I don't understand how he's your boyfriend," grumbled Mindy. "What? He's not my boyfriend," said Lu as she put her phone away. "He acts like that," said Mindy as she raised an eyebrow. "But we're not boyfriend and girlfriend," Lu clarified. "If you say so. He does keep staring at you all the time," said Mindy as she pointed with her eyes. 

Lu turned and saw that Ethan was indeed staring at Mindy and Lu. Mindy threw her arms in the air with a look of what-are-you-looking-at. 

Lu rolled her eyes and sighed. The next subway was soon there. Lu and Mindy quickly boarded it before they missed it too. 

Ethan stood some distance away from the two. The subway was full of people going to costume parties. There were a few among them with a ghostface costume. 

"Fuck, we have no signal," said Mindy irritated. "Seriously?" asked Lu. She checked her phone and they indeed had no signal. She could no longer respond to Chad's message. "For fucks sake."

The lights began to flicker. "Your boyfriend is acting weird," Mindy said as she nudged Lu. Lu frowned and looked at Ethan. He waved at the two. Lu had to admit that he did act very suspiciously. "A little," said Lu as she turned back to Mindy. 

Lu was looking out the window when she suddenly saw her mother in the reflection. She flinched a little. "Are you okay?" asked Mindy with a frown. "Yeah, I thought, never mind," Lu said quickly as she ran a hand through her hair. 

"God, so stupid you went on this subway, Lu. You're smarter than that," said Heather. Lu looked at Mindy, but she was too busy on her phone. "How do you know that? You weren't even in my life," Lu whispered. "But I could see you. I know you're smarter than Sam," said Heather. 

"You do know that any of these dressed-up people could be the killer, right?" asked Heather to her daughter. "Like you were?" asked Lu mockingly. "That was different," said Heather. Lu rolled her eyes. "Open your eyes. Always be on guard," said Heather as she disappeared. Lu scoffed and looked around her. 

They were at the fourth stop, eight to go. Out of nowhere, someone in a ghostface costume came and stabbed Mindy in the stomach. Ghostface placed a hand over Mindy's mouth. 

"Get off her!" yelled Lu as she kicked ghostface in the stomach. Ghostface stood up and raised his knife near her throat. "Oh my god, Mindy!" yelled Ethan. Ghostface quickly walked off the subway.

Ethan lifted Mindy off the train. "Someone call 911!" yelled Lu. People pulled out their phones. 

"Are you okay?" asked Ethan. "I'm wrong again," hissed Mindy in pain as she looked at Ethan. Ethan frowned but said nothing of it. 

The ambulance was soon there. "Go, Lu! Don't worry about me," Mindy said as Lu held her hand. "Okay, hold on Mindy," said Lu with tears in her eyes. The ambulance drove away with flashing lights. 

"It's okay," Ethan tried to reassure her. "I should have paid attention," sobbed Lu. Ethan put an arm around her shoulder as she sobbed into his chest. 

"Can I please change my clothes? It gets cold with a skirt on," Lu laughed as she wiped away her tears. "Yeah," laughed Ethan. "Ethan, wait," said Lu. Ethan raised an eyebrow. Lu pressed her lips to his. Ethan smiled and kissed back. 

''I love you, Lu," whispered Ethan out of breath. "I love you too, E," she smiled. Ethan kissed her again, but Lu pulled away. "We have to go, E. We have to catch a killer."

Their first kiss!!

Their first kiss!!