Chapter 289 - 292

Start from the beginning

These words sounded like nonsense to Su Yan. Su Yan took a deep breath and said, "Please take note. I didn't come to the police station to be lectured. I came here to look for you to report the case. Although the criminal suspect, Liu Yuhuan, is my grandmother, I haven't had any contact with her family for a long time. Ten years ago, after my parents passed away, but she, as a grandmother, didn't do anything to support me. So now, I don't have any obligation to support her. Moreover, when I was still very young, she almost sold me to a rich family. It was all thanks to my quick-wittedness that I escaped."

The police officers were sitting and taking notes as they listened to Su Yan's eloquent words, as if they were listening to a novel. They felt as if all the bad things in the world had happened to her.

Wei Zhou looked at Su Yan from the side. He didn't expect Su Yan to talk about these sad things in the past. However, Su Yan had spoken very calmly just now. There was even a hint of ridicule in her tone. Other than her calmnwss, there was no other expression on her face.

The more calm Su Yan appeared, the more he felt his heart ache. It was as if something had stabbed his heart. This feeling was too uncomfortable.

Chapter 290: Set Up a Special Task Force

Seeing that the police didn't say anything, Wei Zhou said with a sullen look, "In broad daylight, she committed robbery. The high-end custom-made bag is worth 900,000 yuan. There are all kinds of ID cards, bank cards, credit cards, as well as cash, etc, inside. The amount involved is at least tens of millions. Moreover, the public robbery has caused serious societal consequences. If this isn't enough to build a case, this is a dereliction of duty!"

Before he could finish his sentence, a police officer knocked on the door. The police officer who was taking notes said, "Please wait a moment."

The two police officers stood outside the door and said something. Because of the sound insulation effect of the police station's door, they couldn't hear their conversation at all. However, the police officer who was taking notes soon pushed the door open and entered. He looked up at Su Yan and said, "Miss Su, we have just received a notice. For the sake of your case, the higher-ups have just set up a special task force. What Mr. Wei said is very right. This matter has caused very bad societal consequences, so we also attach great importance to it. We will definitely capture the suspect as soon as possible and recover all the items involved in the case."

Su Yan smiled and said, "Sorry for the trouble."

The police officer said politely, "It's nothing. We serve the people. We have finished the statement and have understood the basic situation. If there's nothing else, you can go back first. Keep your phone on and we will contact you at any time."

Su Yan nodded, picked up the phone and stood up. She glanced at Wei Zhou and said, "Do you want to eat together?"

Wei Zhou was naturally more than happy to. "What do you want to eat?"

Seeing that the man answered obediently, Su Yan was both angry and amused. "I know a very good stall that makes all the traditional Chinese street foods. If President Wei doesn't mind them, feel free to eat."

Wei Zhou tightened his coat and pretended not to understand what Su Yan meant. "Traditional street foods are good. I like traditional street foods."

The corners of Su Yan's mouth curled up. Why didn't she realize that this man was so thick-skinned before? He clearly knew, yet he played dumb. Since he was young, he didn't like to eat street food and didn't eat from seafood stalls. In his eyes, those things were too dirty, so she deliberately suggested eating street stalls to make things difficult for him.