CH-5 Family Talk

Magsimula sa umpisa

"FATHER! Tia has done nothing wrong. It was Alicia. She was the one who was in the wrong. She was the one who bullied Tia and misused her power. She was the one bullying nobles with less power."

"Is that so? Tell me when. I hope you know, but even I have my ways of knowing what's going inside the academy."

The academy is free from outside influence, and no nobles can interfere with what is going on inside, atleast on paper. In reality, there are spies infiltrated inside, giving inside information.

"She raised her voice on Tia." Ruthdord said.
"She did it to prove her point to Tia. She was talking calmly. It was Tia who refused to listen to her."

"She bullied Tia."
"No she didn't. It was other nobles who held grudges against her family."
"But they were doing it under the orders of Alicia."
"No. No they weren't."

This continued on. Ruthdord continued to pin the blame on Alicia, yet the king already knew about what was going on.

"Ruthdord. That's enough. Neither do you have any remorse for breaking the engagement, nor do you understand how grave the consequences are." The king said, putting an end to this chatter.

"Huh?" Ruthdord could only stare with his mouth open. He knew there would be some repercussions, but he didn't expect that it would make his father this angry.

"Do you even know why you were chosen as the crown Prince?" The king asked in a serious tone.

"It was obviously because of my capabilities." Ruthdord said with pride. To this, both his brother, and the king could only hold their heads in disappointment.

"You idiot! It wasn't you who was chosen. It was Alicia. Demon Lord Ciel-sama had chosen Alicia to be the next queen. She was bethroted to you so that she could be the next queen."

This left a visible impact on Ruthdord.

"The only reason you were chosen to be the next King was because of Alicia."
"Wait what? Does this mean tha-"

"Yes. You are no longer the crown Prince. Ciel-sama could have ended our contract because of what you did. If she had done that, you have no idea about how disastrous it would have been, not only for us, but also humanity as a whole." The king said, trying to put some knowledge into his son's brain, but to no avail.

"I just don't understand you. Why do we have to bow our heads to a demon lord? There is no way humanity would ever lose to a demon lord. Even the hero union is on our side."

"On your side?! Are you even hearing yourself? If this was done other demon lord, there might just have been a possibility, but this is Ciel-sama we are talking about."

"So what? A demon lord is a demon lord. Isn't it the duty of the heroes to kill a demon lord?"

"Huh? HUUUUUUUUUH? Have you finally lost it? Did you even pay attention to what your history teacher was teaching you? Who do you think mentored the heroes?"

"Why does that matter, father?"

"It was the demon lord Rimuru Tempest. Tempest was founded under his leadership, and he himself left its governance to Ciel-sama, who is a proxy demon lord."

This came as a major surprise to Ruthdord. Well, that is only natural. If he had focused on what was taught in class, instead of flirting with Tia at any opportune moment, he might very well have known that fact.

"Listen son. You are going to Tempest. Behave yourself there. Even if you are the prince of Ingrassia, it would hold no meaning there. Whatever you do, do not do anything to disrespect the demon lords. The entire world is controlled by them. Now go. Just get out of my sight." The king said.

There was very little time left for the departure of his magitrain. As such, the king let him go, or else, he would have lectured him personally for airway an hour more.

"Son, as the next King, make sure to never go against them." The king said to his eldest son after Ruthdord had left. This confirmed that he would be the next King, yet, he was not the least bit ecstatic.

"Of course father. I have already seen how strong she was. I couldn't even analyse Ciel-sama, and her two guards? Even if the entirety of humanity stood against them, they would be wiped out in seconds. I was able to analyse the two of them, but it was more like they let me."

"That's right. If I am not wrong those two are part of the twelve patrons. They must be primordial demons."

Hearing this was enough for him to understand. After all, unlike Ruthdord, he was paying attention to his classes.

Flashback End

--------------------------

How was it?