40: 1 year together

Start from the beginning

Before the restaurants filled up with tourists and locals, y/n and Luka headed to one of the many restaurants in the park to grab lunch. While waiting for their food to come, some mascots would join in to greet the guests.

"Babe, I have one question for you." Y/n started.

"What's up?" Luka asked.

"How did you get us tickets to Disneyland because one ticket is really expensive." Y/n asked.

"Oh, one of my aunts had two tickets that were expiring soon and because she and my uncle didn't have time to go, she gave them to me instead and that's why I decided to ask you on our anniversary." Luka explained. Y/n folded her arms and asked, "So, what is our plan for our anniversary next year?"

"You'll have to wait till next year to find out." Luka winked as y/n rolled her eyes. Once the two were done with lunch, they decided to walk around the park to let their food digest a while before going on more rides.

As the sun started to set, everyone lined the sides of the streets to catch the night parade and a special light show. Y/n and Luka managed to get a place nearest the barricade with many other people crowding around them. Y/n then took out a sign with lights stuck to it that says 'Free hugs!'

"What's that for?" Luka asked, pointing at the sign.

"I remembered this Tiktoker where she held out this sign and the mascots came in to give her a hug. So, I decided to do the same." Y/n replied.

"And what if there are some characters on the floats?" Luka asked.

"They'll wrap their arms around themselves. That's what the characters do in the video I saw." Y/n replied.

"As if they would see your sign in the first place." Luka joked as y/n punched his shoulder. Luka winced and apologized, "I'm kidding, I'm kidding."

"Just watch. When the parade reaches this area, start recording." Y/n instructed as Luka nodded. As the parade floats and performers came to the section where y/n and Luka could see them, Luka started recording. Most of the performers on ground managed to see y/n's lighted up sign and went over to hug her as Luka recorded the reactions. The mascots and princesses on the parade float also caught sight of y/ns sign and wrapped their arms around themselves, indicating a hug.

"I can't believe that actually worked." Luka started once the parade was over.

"You got most of the footage, right?" Y/n asked as Luka nodded. The light show was about to start as y/n and Luka went to find the perfect spot to watch the light show to end off the day. Many projections of the different Disney movies were projected on the main castle and on the water fountains. Fireworks lit up the sky occasionally as y/n couldn't help but tear up at the sight of watching the light show for the first time.

"You've actually never seen the light show before?" Luka asked.

"No, my parents would exit the park before 6 and I never got to see it in real life, only on TikTok occasionally." Y/n replied. Luka pulled y/n closer to him and said, "They say when you come to Disney, dreams do come true."

"Yeah, and that is a fact." Y/n looked up at Luka before pulling him into a kiss, with the fireworks lighting up the sky in the background.

"Hey dude, I captured your moment on my phone, want me to Airdrop it to you?" A guy with his girlfriend standing behind the two asked.

"You did, may I have a look at it first?" Luka asked. The guy showed them the picture as they admired it.

"That looks beautiful, thanks. You could Airdrop it to me." Luka smiled as the guy Airdropped the picture to Luka.