5: Another Meeting

Start from the beginning

"Oh yeah. You and I are going to have a talk."

"Well, seeing that I no longer have any paperwork to do, I guess we can talk."

Homelander began listening for the thing he loves hearing, the heartbeat quickening out of fear of him. But all he heard was a study beat of an unnerved heartbeat. He was also getting the strangest sensation of deja vu.

Jackson made way to his bar and poured himself a glass of scotch.

"Want a drink?"

"No."

"Ok, more for me then."

Once he finished pouring another drink for himself, he took the glass and bottle to a couch with a table in front of it, setting both down as he sat down.

"You know you owe me a new desk and chair right?"

"I don't owe you shit. I'm going to tear down this building and that team of yours."

"Really?"

"Yeah, that sad copy of the Seven you call a team. Not even worth being called a team or heroes."

"Is that so?" Jackson responded, with a voice that said he didn't care. Which was accurate.

"Oh yeah. Your team is nothing compared to my team."

"Huh. You know, that gives me an idea. I would thank you, but I'm not giving you credit for this."

"For what?"

"Nothing." Jackson said as his eyes glowed yellow, erasing that small bit of the conversation from Homelander's memory.

"I don't owe you shit. I'm going to tear down this building and that team of yours." Homelander said, not realizing that he repeated himself.

"You know what. I'm hungry. You want something? I'm going to order some take out. I'm thinking Chinese. I know this great restaurant downtown. Authentic Chinese food. Not the American crap version."

The CEO got up from the couch and walked over to the broken desk and picked up the phone from the floor.

"Jess, could you order some food for me?"

Homelander smiled, remembering what he did.

"Of course, sir. Where would you like to order from?"

Homelander's smile fell as Jackson grew one.

"That chinese restaurant downtown. The authentic one, not the American bullcrap version. Get me some sway-cho and pork lo mein. And get yourself something. Whatever you want. Use my card."

"Of course. Thank you."

"How?" Homelander asked once Jackson dropped the phone.

"I hired someone I knew who could survive the worst and help me keep up with my schedule. It is hard being a CEO. Speaking of schedule, have you heard of a video game series called Mortal Kombat?"

"What?"

"Right. It doesn't exist in this universe. Well, basically it is a game where they put two people together to fight to the death. And sometimes those deaths are over the top and extremely gruesome. And I would say that you would make a great addition to that roster, but the truth is, you ARE going to make an amazing addition. I mean, I can't wait to get back to my universe and play the game and test fatalities on you. I mean killing you as Omni-Man is just a Death Battle reenactment."

"What the fuck are you talking about? And what does a video game have to do with a schedule?"

"Well, a schedule is what I plan on doing in the future. And why those two are connected, well it's simple really. I am going to test some custom fatalities on you, in this universe, and in real life."

"You think you can kill me? Now I know you're crazy."

"Well, given the fact that I have hurt you and wiped your mind three times now, about to be four, I think I can."

"What are yo-"

Jackson's eyes glowed yellow as he used the Mind Stone to make Homelander forget the entire Mortal Kombat conversation.

"Now, I am going to ask you to leave, Homelander, or I will have to call my security."

"You think your security can take me on?" Homelander laughed.

"Yeah." Jackson responded with an all too serious tone.

"Ok, send them. I'm curious who else you hired."

"Actually, they were built."

"Built?"

The CEO hit a button on the wall twice and then two hidden doors opened up on either side of the elevator. Two androids came out.

"The fuck?"

"You see, Homelander. I got the blueprints to these guys from an adversary of mine. Anthony Ivo. He died, and I got the plans. Anyway, Homelander, meet the Amazos."

"Amazo? You really think a robot can stop me."

"These can. Amazos, please escort Homelander out of the building, use force if necessary."

"Yes sir." The androids said together before looking to Homelander.

"That's cute, but they can't do shit to me. Especially without a head." Homelander said before shooting his lasers at them, but they ran faster than he could react to the other side of him. "What the fuck?"

"Please leave peacefully, Homelander. Or we will use force."

Then the mighty 'hero' threw a punch at one of them, but the android caught the punch, easily. The other started to float in the air. Homelander turned his head towards the android and his eyes glowed red right before he shot his laser vision at the machine, but before it could hit it, the flying Amazo shot a pair of lasers at Homelander, colliding with Homelander's lasers. The collision of laser beams didn't last long.

"What the fuck?"

"Did you really think I wouldn't add something after you came crashing through my window?"

Homelander looked between both Amazos, truly confused and a bit scared.

"Get out of here Homelander. And if you want to talk again, schedule a fucking appointment."

The Amazo holding him let go and a window lowered and Homelander shot out of there like a bullet.

"Get ready Homelander. It is time for your torture to begin. Torture you will remember."