𝗦𝗜𝗫. 𝟲

Start from the beginning

Von glances over at him, irritation evident on his face. "Mind your business, Ma," he snaps.

Despite the tension in the room, Kentrell focuses on his priority – getting Kayden back home. He stands up, ready to leave, when Von abruptly ends the call, his expression a mix of frustration and annoyance.

"Ma, I gotta handle some shit. You good to head out on your own?" Von's tone softens slightly, a contrast to the earlier sharpness.

Kentrell nods, a bit perplexed by the sudden shift in Von's demeanor. "Yeah, I'm good. Just let me know if you need anything."

As he heads out of the studio, Kentrell can't shake the feeling that there's more to Von's situation than meets the eye. The mysterious caller and Von's tense reaction linger in his mind as he rushes to pick up Kayden.

- 𝟮 𝗪𝗘𝗘𝗞𝗦 𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗘𝗥 -
𝗗𝗲𝗰𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝟲, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯

Rod Wave, 'Great Gatsby' plays in the background on the Television. The haze of toxic smoke hung in the air. Five males belting the lyrics off-key, no hope of  harmony.

"I THREW THE PARTY OF THE CENTURY!" Kenrell glanced towards his friend, Ben, who was loud as hell, screaming out the lyrics.

Pierre who is Ben cousin, but also friends with the younger, rolled his eyes, a sigh coming out his mouth. "Bitch, you blowing my high, sit the fuck down."

Trell shakes his head, snatching one of the blunts from Tyquian's hands. Knowing that the words Pierre let out was going to cause Ben and Him to argue.

"You ain't gotta snatch bitch." Ty said, shooting Kentrell an annoyed look. While the other just shrugs his shoulders, putting the bud to his lips.

Kentrell was happy to be surrounded by his friends. They haven't had the chance to hang out all together in awhile.

Kayden was with Kentrell's mom, which made him not worry, knowing that his son was in good hands. A heavy sigh comes out of his mouth, passing the nearly gone blunt to Joe, who was looking at him, concerned written on his face.

"You good Ken?" The question that comes from Joe, makes him shrug.

He hasn't spoken to Von in two weeks. The older hasn't even posted a picture, it's not like Kentrell had any other way to contact him besides Instagram, which obvious the rapper wasn't active on.

"Bitch he ain't good. He miss his nigga." Tyquian added his two cents. Rolling his eyes, he flips the shorter boy off.

"He not my nigga." He replied, all he got was a 'sure' from Ty, who was obviously not convinced.

The room got silent again, a different song by Rod Wave, playing, Pierre mumbling out the words. 

"No fuckin' way." Kentrell turns his head toward Ben who was staring at his phone, a disgusted look written on his face.

Before he could ask what happened, Ben turns his phone around, showing an Instagram post from shaderoom. The words on the screen caused Kentrell whole mood to decline, even more.

'𝗡𝗔𝗥𝗗𝗢 𝗪𝗜𝗖𝗞 𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗠𝗘𝗗 𝗗𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗥𝗔𝗣𝗣𝗘𝗥 𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗩𝗢𝗡'𝗦 𝗦𝗜𝗦𝗧𝗘𝗥, 𝗞𝗔𝗬𝗟𝗔 𝗕'

'What the fuck...'
'He has time to get a new bitch, but can't take care of his son?' 
'I should smoke his ass... and that bitch cause why you fucking a nigga that's a dead beat?'
'The same nigga that got some random bitches to beat my ass, hoping I lose our; MY son, what the fuck!'

The raw emotion in his thoughts is palpable.

"We should beat his ass!" Tyquian yelled. This pulled Kentrell out of his thoughts, just as Ben started shouting right behind Ty.

"We should! Been' wantin' to beat his horse lookin' ass from how he did Kenny." Ben says, standing up, but immediately getting pulled back down to his seat by Joe.

"Sit ya stupid ass down." Joe mumbles grabbing Ben phone, looking at the comments on the post.

Ben sucks his teeth. "You ain't my daddy, nigga" but he remains seated, leading back onto Joe forearm, that was stretched out as his other one was used looking at the Instagram post.

Pierre turns his attention to Kentrell, whose face was unreadable.

"Ken?" He questions, watching as his friend snaps his head towards him, "How you feeling?" The question made Kentrell look at him before speaking.

"I wanna beat Nardo and that bitch Kayla ass, cause how you fuckin' with a deadbeat? The same deadbeat who got some bitches to fight me while I was pregnant with my son, the same nigga who begged me to let him see Kayden, and the same nigga who turned around and told his mom and 'em that Kayden wasn't his, that I was fucking somebody else, I—" Kentrell stopped talking, he could feel his body shaking with anger.

He close his eyes, trying to calm himself down. "I tired of this shit. I watch him get famous and leave my son in the dirt. Fuck me, I don't care. But my child?" Kentrell questions, rhetorical question, as his friends look at him.

"I want this nigga to die so bad. And fuck Von for not saying that he even knew that Nigga." Kentrell instantly regretted the last sentence he said about Von. It wasn't his fault, but fuck, he's angry right now.

"We gotta lay Nardo down. Fuck that!" The words yelled from Ben and Tyquian in illusion.

-

I hope this all makes sense, if it doesn't TRUST! it's going to in the long run I promise. Also I added his OG friends bc I love them 😭 miss my babies together.