Chapter 1

Leah's POV:

"Mom! I'm leaving," I yell at my mom.
"Okay! Have a good day at school! I love you," she yells back.
"I love you too!" I say as I open the door.

I run to my car. It was the first day of school, and I'm late. I drive to school not far from my house.

I ran to my first class. English. I made it in time. There was one seat open in the back of the class next to this boy with short brown hair and brown eyes.

"Can I take this seat?" I asked him.
He nods.
"I haven't seen you around here in the past years. Are you new?" I ask.
"Yeah. I moved here from Ohio," he says shyly.
"My name's Leah, nice to meet you," I stick my hand out.
"My name's Tyler, nice to meet you too," he says shaking it back.

When class was over I thought he needed help to go to his classes so i asked him if he wanted me to show him around.

"Do you need help with finding your classes?" I ask kindly.
"Yeah, if that's not a problem for you," he said.
"It won't be a problem. May I see your schedule?" I ask.
He hands me his schedule.
"Okay cool. We have 4 periods together. English, Chemistry, Art and Math," I said, "We could walk together."
He nods. "Thanks," he says with a grin.
"Your welcome," I say smiling back.

After 4th period it was lunch.

"Hey Leah?" he said.
"Yeah?" I replied.
"Thanks for showing me around. Do you maybe want to go to Taco Bell with me for lunch? It's just a little way of saying thanks," he says shyly.
"Yeah, sure. I'd love to," I say with a smile.
"Okay let's go," he says.

We walk off campus and since Taco Bell is close, we walked there. The walk there was completely silent.

"So how long have you been living here?" he asks breaking the silence.
"Oh, I grew up here," I say with a smile.
"Oh cool," he says with a smile.

Once we got there we went up to the counter.

"What would you like?" Tyler asks.
"Just one Cheesy Gordita Crunch please," I said.
I pulled out my wallet but Tyler had already payed for the food. We got our food and walked outside and sat at this park near the school.

"You know you didn't have to pay for it," i said.
"Yeah. But too late," he says jokingly with a smile.

Lunch was silent. But I enjoyed it. I enjoyed spending time with him. I looked at the time. The bell was almost gonna ring.

"Hey, we should get going. We might be late," I proposed.
"Shoot. Yeah we should," he said looking at the time.
"Thanks. I had a good time," I said.
"Yeah. Me too. Maybe we can do this again some other time?" he asked.
"I'd love too. Thanks," I replied.
"Oh, it's nothing. Thanks for showing me around," he said.
"No problem. I don't have the next 2 classes with you, so I'll just show you," I said pulling out the school map. I told him where his last 2 classes were.
"Okay thanks," he said, "Bye."
"Bye. See you around," I said as we went our separate ways.
--------------------------------------------
Tyler's POV:

I was walking home until I suddenly heard someone yell my name. It was Leah.

"Tyler! Want a ride home?" she asked.
"Uh. Yeah! If you don't mind!" I yelled back.
"Okay! Hop in!" she said pulling up to the sidewalk.
"What's your address?" she asked.
"**************," I said.
"Okay cool. That's not far from my house," she said.

We arrived at my house.

"Thanks for the ride home," I said back.
"Yeah, no problem. See you around," she said with a smile.

I walked inside and went to my room and immediately jumped onto my bed. I was tired. Like really tired. I tried to take a nap. But for some reason I couldn't. I don't know why. It was something about Leah. Something about her, that I can't get off of my mind. I went downstairs and got some food to get her off my mind. I got some food and turned on the TV, flipping through the channels. There was nothing good on so after I ate I grabbed my ukulele and started to practice. I was still learning, so I was not the best at it.

After a few minutes of practicing, I decided to grab my earphones and listen to music and go on a walk. I decided to walk to the park where Leah and I hung out earlier.

I saw someone familiar sat there on the bench playing the Ukulele. Oh, it was Leah. I went on a walk to get her off my mind, and i see her here. Wow. That helped.

"Tyler? What are you doing here?" she stopped playing and asked.
"Oh, just walking around. You know, exploring," I lied.
"Oh. Come sit," she said smiling.
I sat down.
"So you play the Uke?" I asked her.
"Yeah. I've played it for almost my whole life. My grandpa would teach me how to play when I was little," she said with a smile.
"Thats cool. I'm learning how to play actually," I said shyly.
"Really? I can teach you some songs one day if you want," she says with a smile.
"Yeah sure. Sounds great," I smile back.

We sat there having small conversations every now and then.

"So have you made any new friends yet?" she asks.
"Nope. It's hard for me to make friends for some reason," I said.
"You've made one friend. Me!" she laughs. I laugh with her.
"Yeah, I guess," I say jokingly.
Leah and I were getting along quite nicely. I enjoyed talking and hanging out with her. But sadly she had to go.

"Hey, I have to go before my mom starts to worry," she said sadly.
"Okay. Bye," I said.
"Bye," I say waving, "See you tomorrow."
"Leah wait," I said.
"Yeah?" she said.
"Here, have my number. Text me if you need anything," I said shyly as I handed her my phone.
"Okay. Thanks Tyler. Here have mine too," she said as she put her number in my phone.
"Thanks. See you around," I said as she walked away.

A few minutes later I walked back home too.

(A/N Hope you enjoyed the first chapter! Many more to come. Thanks for ready, Bye <3)