XV

I've gotta add the angst, I'm so sorry for anyone who wanted fluff only it was never going to work that way! Hope you're enjoying, comment, vote, let me know xx

Visenya made Driftmark in good time. And although she had only stopped for water, food and a rest for an hour here and there she was not tired when she landed. She was so full of nervous, excited energy to see her brother she couldn't contain it.

Arrax was still a baby, something she dared not say to her brother since they were the same age. But the dragon was still small and only fit for short journeys. Ghost was much larger and much more capable of the journeys he was undertaking.

Had Lyraxes still been alive there would not have been much of a difference in size between her and Arrax. But Ghost was monstrous in comparison.

Arrax was no fool, shying back from Ghost when he landed and screeched out his arrival. But Luke rushed towards her same as she did to him.

"Senya!" Luke yelled out, sounding so boyish in his excitement she wanted to weep for him.

Wrapping her arms around his shoulder she felt him slam against her. And he was much higher up than she remembered.

"Luke, you've gotten so tall!" she exclaimed, her breath catching in a mixture of laughing and hiccups.

"Mother says so too. I'm almost taller than Jace now" he exclaimed, his hands clinging to her a moment longer.

Stepping back she took another look at him. He looked so grown up in his riding gear and house sigils.

He was taking stock of her appearance too and while Visenya knew it had been only a few moons, she certainly knew that she looked slightly different.

Her hair was braided back neatly rather than lavishly. She didn't wear expensive jewellery or a tiara any more. The only adornment that caught his eye was the wolfs head pin in the middle of the chest.

"Daemon was right, he must really like you." Luke nodded, his smile almost innocent.

Visenya rolled her eyes and huffed at her mother's husband.