Chapter 1: Reaping District 1

Luxury

Shyne wakes up to the sound of knocking at her door.

"Shyne the reaping starts in an hour." Her mother yells from downstairs.

Yes, the Reaping!! She thinks as she jumps out of bed and quickly rushes to the bathroom to take a shower.

After ten minutes she slides on her shiny gold dress on with matching heels, she puts on shiny gold eye shadow, red lipstick and pulls her hair up into a tight bun at the top of her head.

She joins her siblings downstairs and they all walk to the reaping.

When Shyne stands waiting, her eyes catch a glimpse of the boy who she thought was cute, Arden Husher.

Shyne quickly gets distracted and next thing she knows her sister, Pearl nudges her, and Shyne focuses her attention back to the stage where a girl with lots of shine and powder.

"Ladies first!" squeaks and digs her hand into the reaping bowl, instead of poking around she picks the first one, opens it, and reads it. "Shimmer Soreal."

The crows all turns and Shyne sees her worst enemy stand with a look of shock on her face.

She would defiantly die if she went, she was no fighter. Shyne really wanted to see her die, but Shyne was 18 and it was her last year she had to do something.

"Wait I volunteer as tribute!" She yells out

"Oh good come on up." The capital lady says eagerly "What is your name, honey?"

"Uh Shyne Jewln." Shyne states

"Wonderful name honey and now for the boys. Hope he's cute eh Shyne." She teases and takes a slip of paper. "Arden Husher."

Shyne's eyes shoot up faster then a cheetahs as she sees her crush approach the stage.

"Well he is cute, lucky you." Capital lady whisper to the heart-broken girl beside her  "District One I present to you the tributes for the 73rd Hunger Games, and may the odds be ever in your favor."

Shyne and Arden enter a room after the reaping.

Shyne eagerly awaits the arrival of her family, finally the door swings open and her three sisters and two parents come flooding in.

"You are going to do great." Shyne's  youngest sister, Tulip says happily throwing her arms around her elder sister.

"We are very proud of you Shyne, we hope you do as successful as I did, and your grandmother and her grandmother did." Her mothers says because her family has a long list of winners.

After Shyne sees her family, possibly for the last time she gets on the fanciest type of transportation she has ever been on.

She changes into a red jumpsuit and heads out to the dining cart to better introduce herself to her trainer and escort. Her mentor is Sigurd and the escort is Mitaka.

Sigurd makes Shyne and Arden introduce themselves. So now they are sitting at a dinning booth in the dinning cart watching the train zoom by millions and millions of acres of land.

"Hey I'm Arden Husher." Arden says introducing himself

"Shyne." Shyne says quickly

"So allies right?" He asks

"Of course, we are the careers." Shyne replies

"Good, alright so what's your weapon of choice?" He asks

"I like a variety of weapons so I will probably grab whatever is closest to me." Shyne answers

"Cool, well I like crossbows." Arden says

"When the recap of the reaping is on we'll watch and judge our competition, even though I doubt there will be any." Shyne says laughing slightly

"We can also see who our allies will be, you know district 2 and 4." Arden says

"Yeah, because we'll eventually have to turn from them and you know." Shyne says slowly

"Of course." Arden says stiffening up "And it would be good to know their weaknesses and everything."

"Alright everyone." Mitaka says storming into the room "We will have a quick dinner and then we will be at the Captiol!" Her voice raises as she continues the sentence.

Sigurd comes back to the dining cart, and then immediately after he appears servers come in with plates off food. There were fresh garden salads filled with bright green lettuce, juicy tomatoes, eye-popping green peppers, delicious onions and a bowl of dressings.

"Since we will be at the Capitol soon we are skipping a course and heading straight to the main course. When you enter the Capitol you will be brought to the remake center and since you both already look good it won't take long. After your prep team is done with you, you will discuss your outfit for the tribute parade with your stylist over dinner." Mitaka explains

"A second dinner?" Arden asks

"Yes" Mitaka answers ridiculously "Its the Capitol."