Chapter 4

Daryl's POV
"Are you comin' or not?" Beth said as she undressed and hopped in. I watched as her shirt fell from her body and she unclothed to get into the pond.

Beth and I have gotten pretty close. Since Merle disappeared I've got no one really. I was just...just here. Just livin'. Til Beth. One day when everyone was off playin' and havin' fun at the farm she came over to me. I pushed her away at first 'cause I don't need no girl to be happy. She just kept trying and comin' to me and eventually I gave her a chance. So we were cold strangers until one day we went on a run. We were in a house, Beth was reaching for something in the cabinets. I'm glad I decided to go check on her 'cause just when I walk in a walker comes up from behind her, grabs her arm and lunges. I shot it in the head. In that split second, I killed it. I was scared for her. The only people I'm ever scared for if a walker is attackin' them and the only people who I actually would care was Merle. But now it was Beth. I cared about our group obviously but the person I'd be the most scared for is Beth. So we ended up talking and we'd share nights playin' games and talkin' and gettin' to know each other. There aren't many women left to choose for anymore but even if there were I'd still choose Beth. I'd never admit it to anyone, hell, I'm surprised I'm even admitting it right now to myself in my thoughts but I like her. I have feelings for her. The way her body moves, her voice, her personality, she's sexy. I sound like a damn romance novel. Truth is, when I saw her in the shower today, I wanted to go in there and slam her against the wall, pin her against the wall and crash my lips on hers.

"Alright." I said as I also unclothed and jumped in the pond. I splashed her making her giggle. She splashed me back.

"I'm wet." She said.

"I bet you are." I smirked and we both laughed. I backed her into a corner and she looked into my eyes then down to my lips. I did the same and then I leaned in and kissed her.