1/ greek life

Harry's POV:

"Good enough." The word slips through my mouth as I assess the damage in the mirror, my ears adjusting to the loud music already pounding from below.

There is a large bruise that rests under my now swollen eye, and it looks awful, but at least my hair looks decent. Decent enough, anyway. I should have never let it get this long.

I make a mental note to call up the barber.

I hear a pounding on the wooden door. A brooding young man frowns back at me through the mirror.

"The fuck you doin' in there, man? Get out here!" A crude voice cracks my momentary lapse of serenity. There's so few moments one gets to ones self while living in this god forsaken frat house. I adjust my t-shirt, pulling the collar away from my neck, and the door swings open without my approval. I don't even flinch. I'm used to the disruption. At least I'm not in my birthday suit like the last time.

"There's the champ! Now, go get the keg set up and meet us in the front. We're having a quick meet-up with the brothers before we get going."

"Another meeting?" I look distastefully at Mike, who is busy undoing his belt. I step aside from the doorway and let him go in. If they have another assignment for us, I'll kill everyone in this damn house. Hazing is all fun and games until someone gets hurt, and with this much alcohol, I have the feeling more than one ambulance will be venturing to this dump tonight.

"Probably. But just get over there. I'll be right with you, man." And just like that, Mike is hovering over the toilet, his entire pubic area on full display, and I quickly shut the door.

------

Mandy's POV:

I pull my hair back into a loose ponytail, one last feeble attempt at making myself look some-what presentable for the house party tonight. It's my first party as a pledge, and I want to make it seem like I know a decent amount about greek life. Hopefully taking notes during a week-long binge of ABC Family's Greek will pay off tonight.

I slowly crawl out of the bathroom, and scurry to the staircase where the rest of the pledges are lined up, single file. The sisters are assembled at the edge of the staircase, handbags and clipboards in hand.

"Alright pledges. After the festivities that hell week brought, we thought we'd let you ladies take a break. Today is Saturday, and that means frat parties. Now, while this is a break, we don't expect you to start slacking on the job, girls. The guys at Delta Rho are expecting us tonight, and that means that they are expecting a good time. Don't be hesitant. Get involved. Make friends. Because soon, we'll need frats to help us with upcoming events. We need all the connections we can get. Inside and outside of the bedroom."

There is a ripple of giggles among the crowd. I roll my eyes at the level of immaturity corroding their minds. Why did I even rush this sorority?

"Alright. You ladies get the point. As long as there are no more questions, I think we're good. Does everyone know their assigned drinking buddies for tonight?" We all nod, looking to one another to show we know the drill.

"If that's all, then we'll be heading out. Sisters?" Crissy, the head sister at Alpha Kappa Phi, turns and looks at the other older sisters. They all shake their heads, giving her the signal to move on.

"Alright! Then get going! I'll see you when you get there!"

Cautiously, I take each nervous step, trying to hold my balance, as well as my composure. Not only is it my first time in six-inch heels, but it is also my first real party. Small get-togethers in high school with my friend group of five people maximum is nothing compared to tonight's event. I've only ever slept with two guys in my life, one of which is my now gay ex best friend, the other being my ex boyfriend, who is also now attracted to the same gender.