Laiba was sleeping when I entered the room, she is probably exhausted from all the sickness.
I approached her and gently shook her shoulders trying to wake her up.
She didn't stir. I called her out again and again and pat her cheeks. Panic began to creep inside me and I realised something was wrong.

I reached for my phone, desperately dialing our doctor's number. But with every ring, my anxiety grew. He wasn't picking up. Terrifying thoughts raced through my mind. I scooped her into my arms, cradling her delicate body against my chest. She felt so frail. I quickly rushed outside.
"Waqas gaadi nikalo!!" I shouted.

All the family members looked at me shocked. Right now the most important thing for me was to make sure Laiba was okay.

***********

The doctor informed about Laiba's health. She had been suffering from GERD (It occurs when stomach acid regurgitates into the esophagus, causing discomfort and other symptoms.) and due to low blood pressure she had fainted. He told him that there was nothing to worry and medications would cure her.

The doctor glanced down at Fahad's trembling hands, observing his distress, he placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder.
"Hey relax..she will be fine" he said. Fahad wiped the sweat from his face.
His phone rings as the doctor leaves. He picked Insia's call who enquired about the situation.
"Ammi..ghar aake baat karte hai.."
"Accha suno..woh test karwaya? Pregn-"
Sana hearing this leaves to her room.

"Ammi woh pregnant nahi hai!!" Fahad replied, his tone tinged with frustration.
"Uski tabiyat waqai kharab hai aur aap-!!" He said and cut the call which upsets Insia.

Sana walked into her room, tears streaming down her face.
Naeema concerned asked her what happened.
With a mix of anger and pain, she blurted, "Sab khatam ho gaya mama!! Sab khatam ho gaya!!"
Naeema tried to console her.

"Aapne kaha tha na ke Fahad sirf mera hai? Bachpan se, sabne yahi kaha tha na ke Fahad ki shadi mujhse hogi!? Phir kyunn?" She said breaking down while her mother looked at her with regret.

[MALIK HOUSE] EVENING
Fahad held Laiba's hand as they entered the house. She looked pale and weak, wrapped up in a shawl.
'Koi baat nahi beta, iss baar nahi toh allah tumhari god jald bhar denge' Naeema said after knowing about her health to which Sana gave her a look. Laiba looked at them uncomfortably while Insia urged her to rest in her room.

[GARDEN]
"Fahad!" Sana called out looking at him talking on the phone.
"Mama ko kyun bulaya hai tumne? Kyun kar rahe ho yeh sab?"

"Sana..Aman ko main bohot saalon se jaanta hoon..in fact tum bhi usse janti ho, Woh ek bohot accha ladka hai, and I think you'll be happy together. Please iske baare socho"

"Tum jaante ho ke main sirf tumhe chahti hoon"

"Ab inn baaton ka koi matlab nahi"  He said and tried to leave.

"Tum yeh sab isliye kar rahe ho na kyunki parso maine Laiba ke baare mein-"

"Uss baat ka isse koi lena dena nahi hai"  he interrupted.

"Tum maano, ya na maano! Uss din jo maine kaha tha, wohi sacch hai."
Laiba tumse pyaar nahi karti!
In fact koi bhi tumse utna pyaar nahi kar sakta..jitna main karti hoon"
Fahad watched her leave.

[ROOM]
Fahad gently helped Laiba sit on the bed and handed her the medicine, holding a glass of water in the other hand. She took the glass and swallowed the medicine.
"Ab kaisa feel kar rahi ho?" He asked.
Her face displayed a mix of emotions, from confusion to annoyance. She mustered the strength to respond, her voice laced with frustration. "Maa ko kya zarurat thi sab ko yeh batane ki? Vomiting ka matlab hamesha pregnancy toh nahi hota na!!"
"Ammi ne nahi bataya, trust me..mujhe nahi pata chachi ne aisa kyun bola..tum woh baatein chodo" he tried to say.

"Kaise? Woh sab toh yahi expect karenge na ki mein iss rishte ko aage badhau.
Lekin main nahi kar sakti"
Fahad sighed understanding the mix of emotions she was going through.

"Tumhe apna shohar maan na mujhe yeh yaad dilata rahega ki meri zindagi ka sabse bada faisla meri marzi ke khilaf hua tha. Aur mein khud ke liye koi stand nahi le payi"
"Mein-" she said with almost tears in her eyes.

He gently cupped her face with his hand, his touch both tender and reassuring. "Shhh"  he whispered softly, his eyes filled with understanding.
"Koi bhi tumse kuch nahi kahega.
Aur mujhe yakeen hai ke humara yeh rishta..waqt ke saath mazbut hoga..Aur ek din tum mujhay dil se qubool zarur karogi, until then, I'll wait."

She slowly moved his hand away.
"No, don't do this. Main tumse pyaar nahi karti Fahad. Meray dil mein tumhare liye koi feelings nahi hai"
The words pierced through his heart like a thousand sharp arrows, leaving him feeling shattered. The pain of her words weighed heavily upon his soul. He took a deep breath trying to compose himself, his eyes welled with tears.
He held her hands, looked into her eyes and whispered, "Hum dono ke hissay ki mohabbat mein kar lunga"

Laiba was taken aback from his response. A rush of emotions coursed through her.
"Tum bas meray saath rehna"
She couldn't deny the warmth his words brought to her heart. The emotions that had been absent suddenly stirred, and a glimmer of hope ignited in her heart. How could someone love me so much? How could he be so understanding? How could he be willing to carry the burden of love for both of us? These questions made her restless as she looked into his eyes.

The door swung open and the servant brought dinner. He quickly wiped his tears.
He reached for the bowl of food and approached Laiba. He signed for her to open her mouth.
She wiped her tears. "Tumne bhi kuch nahi khaya, tumhe bhi toh chot lagi hai..pehle tum khao" she replied softly.

"Qatron Ki Pyaas Thi
Saagar Mujhe Mil Gaya
Sooraj Ki Parte Khuli
Andhera Chhan Gaya
Sonh Rabb Di Tera Ho Gaya Ve
Sonh Rabb Di Dil Kho Gaya Ve
Lamhon Ka Nahi Sangam
Palkon Mein Qaid Hoke
Reh Jao Tum Mujhi Mein O Yaaram
Rabba Ise Keh Doon Kya Mera Humdum?"
[HUMDUM- from the film Shiddat]