Chapter 5: Reflecting ( Part 2 )

It was now night, and Merry was still at the digital lake, but this time, she was laying on her back on the shore. Her ears precked up in alarm as she heard the sound of someone walking towards her, she turned her head to see Ragatha.

Ragatha: ( waves nervously ) Hey. Are you doing okay?

Merry: ( with a blank and monotone expression: ) I am fine.

Ragatha: Are you sure? You've spent the entire day floating in the digital lake while looking at the sky.

Merry: I was just thinking about stuff about...my old life.

Ragatha looked at Merry with shock in response to what the bunny girl said.

Ragatha: You remember your life before the digital circus?

Merry: Enough to know that I never want to go back to... ( As she sits up: ) You wouldn't understand, you probably had a happy normal life before this place.

Merry looked at Ragatha with shock hidden in her eyes but with her usual blank and monotone expression on her face as Ragatha sat down next to her.

Ragatha: Try me.

Merry was hesitant, but she sighed as she decided to at least say something.

Merry: Imagine as you will, a life where you have a gift and everyone expects you to share it to the world, to the point that even your own mother would force you to show this gift to others as a way to earn some extra coins, and whenever you try to break free from that life, you get guilt tripped back all because you almost didn't even make it when you were brought into that life. ( Tears up slightly, as her usual expression disappears and turns into a furious one: ) And when your father, the only person that seemed to see that you just wanted to not be what everyone sees, gets you a way to get out of there without anyone to stop you, you get hit by some fool and get sent right back. ( With a slight smile: ) Then all the sudden you get sent to a place where you can't return, even if you wanted to, and you get the chance to restart your life, ( with frustration: ) but everyone around you finds it odd that you don't want to leave! And unlike everyone else, you have memories of your life and thoughts in your head that makes you feel like secretly pray for the relief of death as you are mentally praying that this escape from your old life sticks.

Ragatha looked at Merry with pure shock as the bunny girl stopped herself from saying any further when she realized that tears were falling down her face.

Merry: ( quickly puts her blank and monotone expression back on her face ) ( to Ragatha: ) My apologies, I shouldn't let my emotions get the better of me, it's unproper-

Merry flinched as Ragatha suddenly hugged her, Merry wasn't used to someone being this close to her.

Ragatha: You don't need to apologize for anything... The circus did the right thing by bringing you here. You needed to be here more than any of us...

Merry was struggling with keeping herself from tearing up again before she slowly hugged Ragatha back.

( Slight Time Skip )

Merry was now back in her room with barely noticeable tear stains on her cheeks. She calmly went to her piano and began playing " Mockingbird " with a calm smile and her eyes closed.

The camera then once again zooms out of her room and into the real world as she played the song. The camera zooms to another newspaper, with an image of a young man around Merry's age, and it read " Man responsible for Tanvi's car accident is suspected in Tanvi's disappearance. "

______________________________________________________________________________________

That's it for this original episode, I hope you like it

Feel free to comment on what you think will happen next.

Till next time my agents of mischief 😜