A boy with lion ears yawned and said, "Well, that ceremony was as boring as ever. I'm going back to the dorm. If you're in Savanaclaw House, follow me."

A bespectacled boy greeted the new students,

"New students! Allow me to be the first to congratulate you on your achievement. As the dorm leader of Octavinelle House, I am honored to have the opportunity to support you in what I hope will be a fulfilling campus experience."

A very handsome boy questioned the headmaster's whereabouts, saying,

"Hey, does anyone know where the headmaster went? He disappeared midway through the ceremony..." A voice from a floating tablet added, "Some headmaster he is..."

An adorable boy with red eyes innocently suggested, "Maybe he had a tummyache?"

Crowley, irked, retorted, "I most certainly did not!"

He then led Yuu and (Name) into the Mirror Chamber, with Grim begrudgingly being dragged behind.

The red-headed boy exclaimed, "Ah, speak of the devil."

Crowley explained, "If you must know, I was searching for the new students who'd failed to show for orientation."

He looked over at Yuu and (Name), instructing,

"You two are the only ones who have yet to be assigned a dorm. Step up to the Dark Mirror, and be quick about it. I'll watch your weasel."

Grim growled in response.

Yuu approached the Dark Mirror, and it demanded, "State your name."

Yuu replied, "Yuu..."

The Dark Mirror cryptically said, "Yuu... The nature of your soul is.... .... ...unclear to me."

Crowley, bewildered, demanded an explanation.

"What did you just say?"

The Dark Mirror continued,

"I sense no magical power from this one. But, it seems to me that his powers are locked away. Therefore, no dorm would be appropriate."

Crowley expressed disbelief, stating,

"Are you suggesting that the black carriage went to receive a person who cannot even use magic? But that is absurd! The student selection process has not erred once in its century of existence! How could this have happened?!"

Grim, eager to claim the opportunity, struggled and exclaimed, "Mmmph! Nnnrgggh... ME! Let ME have this student's seat!"

Crowley, not conceding easily, retorted, "Not so fast, you hyperactive weasel!"

Grim snapped back defiantly, "Unlike that human, I can actually use magic! So let me be a student here! Look, I'll show you! My spells're the cat's meow!"

The red-headed boy urgently shouted, "Everyone, get down!"

Obediently, everyone crouched as Grim unleashed blasts of blue fire around the vast room, screaming, "Myaaahhh!"