𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆. 𝖿𝗂𝗋𝗌𝗍 𝗂𝗆𝗉𝗋𝖾𝗌𝗌𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌 𝗌𝗎𝖼𝗄

Start from the beginning

Sofia nods reluctantly, still deciding if she should just leave some money on the counter without Gloria noticing. This amulet was from centuries ago and looks like it's straight from a victorian flim. Gloria overdid herself. Sofia would have been grateful if it was just a simple chain. But it's so much more and Sofia is undeniably giddy.

"I know it's not the most casual accessory so I changed the chain to a longer one. That way it can be hidden." Gloria walks over to the bar doors and opens them, turning over the 'closed' sign. Sofia smiles and immediately claps the jewelry around her neck. The stone was cold to the touch but that chill was followed by another. Sofia moves the top of her shirt down slightly and gasps, seeing the amulet work it's magic. The grey skin and veins were gone. She's safe.

Gloria walks back and Sofia is beaming. "Thank you so much, Gloria."

The witch smiles at her excitement. She is tempted to warn this young vampire about the family she's now bind to for eternity but decides against it since Sofia looked like she had enough problems on her plate before. She'll find out herself, eventually.

Sofia exists the bar and checks the time on her watch. Klaus and Stefan should be returning now so she needs to get back. She begins her walk but only makes it a thirty steps before she stops. A frown tugs her lips as she watches the newspaper stand across the street, almost waiting to see herself there again.

  "Jenna?"

"Jenna?"

The dirty blonde woman turns around with a newspaper in hand and her blue eyes cloud with confusion "Sorry, are you speaking to me?" She asks Sofia.

The girl blinks. This woman is tall. She has highlights in her hair - how did Sofia not see them? She had beauty marks covering her cheeks and bright blue eyes, black framed glasses providing them with better sight. This woman wasn't her aunt.

"Oh." Sofia barely whispers, disappointment laced heavily in her tone. The woman stares back. "I'm sorry, miss. You just look like someone I know. Knew. Someone I knew." Sofia avoids the woman's piercing eyes. "From behind at least."

And she was right, from behind this woman looked like Jenna. The shadow from the building covered her highlights, she appeared shorter and she wears similar clothes to Jenna. But it wasn't her, just Sofia's eyes playing awful tricks on her.

"Oh that makes sense." The woman chuckles awkwardly, seeing that Sofia wouldn't look her in the eye. "Um goodbye then." Her voice is carried with her as she quickly leaves the uncomfortable situation, turning the corner and walking away from the stunned vampire.

Sofia sighs heavily, feeling the weight on her chest return and crush her. She closes her eyes and shakes her head. First the nightmare about Leo and Jenna and now this? Remembering where she was Sofia blinked back tears and straightens up, continuing the journey with the bar only meters away. Her hands reach up and touch her earrings, making the loneliness creep back in.