34

nailea's pov

feb 23rd, 2023

we run inside, hiding from the pouring rain, our bodies only separating for a mere 20 seconds. he closed the door of his apartment, pinning me against it and slamming his lips into mine.

i moan against his lips as he leads me to his room. he lays me down on his bed, kissing me one last time then leaving a trail of kisses down my stomach. i arch my back once he reaches my v-line. god he's so good at this.

thunder crashes outside, adding to the whole ambiance. he stops teasing me, making me groan at the sudden stop in satisfaction until he uses one finger to lift up my dress and pull my underwear to the side. he kisses my neck all over until he finds the spot, making me moan into his ear.

I gasp as he slides two fingers into me, waiting for me to adjust. once i nodded, he started moving his fingers in and out of me. his kisses stayed consistent as mine got sloppier and sloppier.

he started speeding up, making my eyes roll to the back of my head. "g-od vinnie" i moaned.

____

i woke up suddenly. now what was that dream... oh my god. do i miss vinnie? no! i don't miss him, i want blake, oh my god, am i supposed to tell blake?

i turn to my side and sigh in relief at the sight of my boyfriend sleeping next to me peacefully. i catch myself watching him sleep, not being able to pull my eyes off of him.

I noticed that his eyes started fluttering open, making me smile when I realized he was awake. "hi baby" he says in a raspy voice, sending butterflies down my stomach". i planted a kiss on his lips, "i'm going to hype soon to see mia, you wanna come with me? i know they're all dying to meet you" i smile at him, him nodding in response.

"alright im going to go to the grocery store, do you need anything babe?" i asked, "actually yeah, can you get me protein powder please?" i nodded, kissing him one last time before heading to my closet to go pick out a outfit.

i picked up a simple white tube top and low rise grey non-cuffed sweats and made my way to the bathroom. I picked up my toothbrush and face wash and did my morning routine.

I put my hair into a slicked half-up half-down bun and went downstairs to put on my ugg slides & grab my keys before leaving the house.

i get into my porsche 911 turbo and play my everything playlist then drive off to target.

___

i make my way into target and grab a basket, then make my way into the grocery section of the store. aw man no plums?

i walked down the produce isle, grabbing the essentials as i did. i then made my way to get blake's protein powder, which i got lost trying to find.

a while after all the hard work of grocery shopping, i rewarded myself by going to the books isle. i set my eyes on this romance novel i was so intrigued by. i went to go grab it, and apparently so did a familiar hand. i look up to the tall, muscular figure and quickly pull my hand away once i realize who it is.

vinnie clears his throat, "sorry, here you go" he apologizes, looking at the floor. "no its okay, there's o-other books" i stutter while talking to my ex best friend. god i sound so stupid, stuttering right now? really nailea?

he points to my basket, specifically to the protein powder, "since when?" he asked, trying to start a conversation. "oh uh its blakes.." i said awkwardly. "oh" he replied, looking down at the floor.

"hey uh do you wanna go get starbucks together or something? we can talk then" i offered, trying to be nice. "yeah of course, hows now?" he said, catching me by surprise. "o-oh sure" i said with a blank expression.

"okay well let's go check out" we said at the same time, making me laugh. i pointed with my head to the cash registers, signaling for him to follow me.

we make it to the self checkout and scan our items. as i'm about to put my card in to pay for my groceries, vinnie softly pushes my hand away and pays for me. "oh thank you" i smile at him. we make it out of the target and walk to the starbucks right next door.

we make it to the starbucks and get in line. there was hardly any people there so it was kind of an in-and-out spiel. when we reached the counter, i ordered an iced pumpkin cream chai latte, vinnie ordering a mango dragonfruit lemonade refresher.

we walked out of the target and made our way into my porsche to talk in private.

we sat down, and vinnie's straight-forwardness left me in shock, "i want to apologize for what happened... that night, yaknow, with emily. i really did not know she was going to do that, and defending her really did not help the matter." he started, waiting for my approval in a sense, "i don't even know why i was with her that night, i just remember feeling jealous, jealous that you were happy with someone else and i wasn't."

"but vinnie why couldn't you just talk to me instead of going to a party with the girl that drugged you", i lowered my tone, "you could've just told me how you felt and maybe this whole situation wouldn't have been so stretched out" i replied.

"i mean how was i supposed to tell you that this perfect guy, this guy i could never be, this guy that you're head-over-heels for, makes me jealous and that the sight of the two of you together made me sick to the point that i would want to hurl. how was i, your best friend, supposed to tell you that?" he confessed, i was taken aback. how could i do this to my best friend? and i let it ruin our friendship... i am a horrible friend.

"vinnie, i really didn't know, i'm so sorry i let it get this far. this whole time i was just upset at you for that night and never thought that i might have put you in that position"

"its okay, really. i said horrible things to you that night," yeah, you bet, they replay in my head every time i think of you. "vin, do you think we can move past this?" i asked, actually waiting for an answer.

this whole situation had not only gotten me into a fight, it had also made me possibly lose my best friend of 17 years, and for what? over some jealously? god, if i had fought every girl vinnie's been with that i'd been jealous of, i'd be in jail.

"i think so, i think we all just need to move on from the situa- wh- do i have something on my face?" i busted out laughing in the middle of vinnie's sincere words. god this situation was just so stupid.

"thi- this is so- oh my god this is so stupid!" i held on to my stomach which was cramping from how hard i was laughing. some people say laughter is contagious, and i am a firm believer of that now since vinnie had now joined my ridicule.

vinnie pulled me close enough to be able to engulf me in a hug. my arms draped over my best friends chest, my back resting on him. we stayed in that position, a comforting silence falling upon us.

i soon found myself 'resting my eyes', but really just taking a nap on this mans chest. i really missed him. vinnie he just gets me, hes my person.