It was 2-0, the girls were erupting the crowd behind them. The fans could see how much they all had improved, especially from their last loss against spain being 7-0. They had flipped the table.

Thirty six minutes in, Hayley took the ball from the left side, catching Rory free, she kicked it towards the other curly haired. Who didn't waste a moment kicking it toward Sam.

Sam bashed her head against the ball, successfully getting it to hit the back of the neck. Yet before she could celebrate, the umpire blew her whistle again, holding up an offside flag. Confusing everyone as to how it occured.

They girls watched on the big screens of the stadium the replay, where it was not seen at all, that Sam was anywhere near an offside call.

Rory shook her head frustrated, Sam deserved that goal. And Aurelia felt like she hadn't been doing anything all game. That was a moment for her, she was more known for assist then goals, and yet she couldn't even assist a goal.

All of Spains other failed attempts continued to draw the game as a 2-0.

Fourty minutes in, a free kick was called. Kyra and Steph lined up against the ball as they usually did. Kyra running across it to confuse the players when Steph kicked it towards the goal square everyone else was in.

The ball harshly hit the side of Caitlin's head, giving the Matildas their third goal.

Fourty three minutes in, Aurelia found the ball at her feet, halfway through the field. Two defenders quick on her tail. Sam was running at a fast pace just metres in front of her, yet before Rory could pass it off. A Spanish player stuck out their leg, crashing their body into Rory. Sending the two of them to the grassy ground.

Aurelia cried out as she fell, feeling a tight pull on the back of her knee. She laid on the ground, digging her face into the grass, squeezing her eyes shut in pain. She moved onto her side, pulling her knee towards her.

The two Spainish players squatted down either side of her, the referee sounded her whistle. The two opposing players calling the medical staff over.

Sam and Caitlin were the first two Matildas players to her. Sam squatted down in front of the curly haired, removing any free strands of hair from the girls face. A worried gaze covering hers.

The medical staff ran over, forcing the other players to step away. Sam stayed in her spot.

"Where do you feel the pain?" One of them questioned.

Aurelia squeezed her eyes further shut as a sharp pain sparked up her body "the back of my knee" she answered quietly.

The other medical staff nodded her head "are you able to get up? Or would you like the stretcher over?"

Aurelia forced herself to take deep breaths "I can do it" she announced. Releasing her hands from her knees. She opened her eyes, catching a concerned Sam Kerr starring back at her.

The whistle blew for the first half to be over. Sam wrapped one of Aurelia's arms over her shoulders, Caitlin jumping up to take the other one. The two walked the injured girl across the field. Rory felt like her body was broken at that point. She could barely move, all she felt was tightness and pain.

The two continued to help her walk down to the locker rooms. Sitting her down on one of the seats. "Do you need a medical expert down here Stella?"

Aurelia shook her head "no — no." She answered. She felt pathetic, almost crying over a simple knee injury. "I'm fine. Just give it a moment"

Sam shook her head in return, bending down, placing her hands on Aurelia un injured knee "Stell. You can't continue this game. We're winning, you need to rest."