Chapter 3

"Being in your arms is the safest place I would ever want to be."

Author's POV

Driving through the calm and beautiful city, Jieun and Hyunjin were having a great time listening to their favorite songs after spending some time apart. Hyunjin had his hand on her thigh while she was just watching the stunning city late at night.

Jieun relished the cool breeze, singing along to the songs, with Hyunjin's hand on her thigh and the other on the steering wheel. She sang till her throat hurt and was about to fall asleep but.. Hyunjin squeezed her thigh lightly.

"Babe. We're here." He said, lifting his hand from her thigh and then unfastening her seatbelt.

"Where?" She replied sleepily.

"Come on. Come out." He said opening the door for her.

"Okay." She replied with a cute smile.

Stepping out of the car, she observed they stood on a clifftop at the edge of a hill, unveiling the stunning, illuminated city late at night.

"Woh. This is gorgeous!"  She exclaimed, her eyes shining brightly, a huge smile lighting up her face in awe.

Standing on the railing, she gazed over the stunning city, with her love holding her close and doing the same.

In a quiet embrace, they shared a special moment, the city as their silent witness. Hyunjin's eyes spoke volumes of pure love. He lifted her, spun her around, and kissed her. Breaking the kiss, he gently held her face in his hands and placed a tender kiss on her forehead.

"What would I do without you when I am who I am because of you?" Hyunjin uttered, gazing deep into her eyes.

After about an hour of simply enjoying the peace, Hyunjin decided to break the silence.

"Come now, we gotta get home," he said, smiling, and extended his hand toward her.

Author's POV

During the extended drive back home, Jieun drifted off to sleep. Observing her peaceful slumber, Hyunjin smiled gently. As dawn approached upon their arrival, he noticed she was still deeply asleep. Silently unfastening her seatbelt, he stepped out, opened the door, and lifted her in his arms. She remained undisturbed in her sleep. 😴 Carrying her inside, he swiftly fetched a blanket and headed to the rooftop. There, Hyunjin gently laid her on the sofa, covered her with the blanket, and softly awakened her.

"Love. It's almost sunrise. Wanna see it together?" He said softly.

Jieun woke up from her sleep and yawned before nodding.

"Sure." She said rubbing her eyes.

"Cute."

Author's POV

They rose and settled on the rooftop floor for a better view. Spreading the blanket, Hyunjin lifted Jieun, placing her in his lap. Facing forward, cuddled in the warmth of the blanket, they eagerly awaited the sunrise. Together, they watched the sky transform, wrapped in each other's embrace. After the sun rose, Hyunjin looked down to find Jieun peacefully asleep on his chest. He softly kissed her forehead and lips. The second kiss woke her, and she smiled at him, pulling him into another sweet kiss. Breaking the kiss with huge smiles, Hyunjin, holding her, uttered lovingly, 

"My gorgeous love," he said, giving her a peck on the lips and holding her closely.

Strangely, Hyunjin began to dissipate into the air, as if he was never there. With each passing second, he vanished.

"I'll never stop loving you," were the last words Jieun heard before waking up.

"What the hell is going on with me?" was the only thought that crossed her mind as she drifted back into sleep.

"I miss holding you, princess."