ALPHYS updated status.
* for now i gotta call up the humans and guide them  =^. ^=

Chara: "Maybe her updates will slow down soon?"

Frisk: "Hopefully so."

The three reach the next area, which has two conveyor belts. One of them moving forward, and the other one is moving towards them.

Ben and Frisk get onto the first conveyor belt, with Chara flying alongside them. Just before reaching the end of the conveyor, they have an encounter.

* Vulkin strolls in.

Ben: "Okay, ACT." He presses ACT, and then Check. "And Check."

* VULKIN - ATK 5  DEF -10
* Mistakenly believes it's lava can heal people.

Chara: "How would you even begin to think that?"

Ben: "I don't want to even try to think about that."

Vulkin: "Speed will help dodge!!!"

A cloud with a smile forms, and it shoots out a couple waves of electricity every couple of moments. Luckily, it's fairly easy for Ben and Frisk to dodge as they only need to move side to side to dodge the electricity.

* Smells like a lava lamp.

Frisk opens up ACT and picks Encourage.

Frisk: "You're doing a great job, Vulkin!"

* Vulkin's attacks become extreme.

Chara: "Yeah, that figures."

Vulkin: "Ahh! Ahh! Does my best!"

Lava forms around the sides of the battle arena, and it spits globs of lava towards Ben and Frisk. This is more complicated, but the two humans are able to get out of the encounter without a single scratch.

* Vulkin parades around you proudly.

Ben: "Okay, encouraging him doesn't work." He opens ACT and sees Vulkin's name is yellow. "Oh, nevermind. We can spare him."

Ben gets out ACT and hits MERCY, before hitting Spare, ending the battle.

* YOU WON!
* You earned 0 XP and 40 Gold.

Chara: "Well, that was something."

Frisk: "It certainly was."

The three continue past another set of converter belts, ones that sort of zig-zag around. They quickly reach the next area, one filled with the swooshing sound of steam and cogs.

Ben: "Man, the heat is starting to get to me." He takes off his jacket and puts it away in his phone. "There. That is much better."

Chara: "Guys, look." The two approach Chara, who is crouching in front of one of the vents. "You two are gonna have to use these to get over these gaps."

Ben: "You're joking, right?" He looks over the ledge, looking down to see lava. "One false step, and down into lava. There's no way anyone uses these."

Chara: "Trust me, they do." She gets up and floats over to the next platform. "So stop being a baby and jump on the vent."

Ben backs away a few steps, and before he can do it, his phone dings. He takes it out to see another status update from Alphys.

ALPHYS updated status.
* I HATE USING THE PHONE I DON'T WANT TO DO THIS LMAO ^. ^

Frisk: "Another status update from Alphys. Seems she's anxious about talking to us."