Chapter 39 The Battle Begins

Tengen frees every person from the belt in an instant.

"Makio, Suma, sorry I took so long." Tengen said, "you two look as flashy as ever."

Suma starts to cry as he pats them on the head.

"Tengen, I couldn't find Hinatsuru." I said. "I'm sorry."

"Don't worry." He said, "I already found her. She's safe."

I was relieved. Thank god.

"Alright," Tengen swings around his sword, "from here on out, things are gonna get real flashy!"

The belt disappeared when we freed all the humans. It flew through the hole and escaped.

"Hey idiot! That worm belt just flew through that hole and escaped!" Inosuke yelled at Tengen.

"Shut up!" Tengen screamed, "I saved everyone who was trapped in here so you should be thanking me! You should be on your knees worshiping me!"

Yep, that's definitely Tengen.

"Lord Tengen! If you don't go after it there will be even more bloodshed!" Makio explained.

"Alright then! You heard Makio! Let's go!" Tengen said.

"Ugh" I mumbled

"What are you complaining about!?" Tengen yelled at me, "I gave you a chance to go home and not be part of this battle! You stayed!"

"Yeah but now I want to go home!" I said

He picked Zenitsu, Inosuke and I up.

"Well too bad! Get ready! We're fighting to the death now." Tengen jumped through the hole, leading us above ground again.

Tengen ran ahead. I could barely catch up. Zenitsu and Inosuke on the other hand, couldn't catch up at all.

"Pick up the pace boys!" Uzui yelled.

He then bolted away to the point that I couldn't even catch up.

It took me a little longer but I finally got to Uzui's location.

When I got there, there were two demons. One of them was the oiran and the other was one I've never seen before. He was tall and skinny and had kind of an unflattering face. He had green hair and sickles. The oiran was in the corner of the room as the skinny one was talking about how jealous he was of Uzui.

"Y/n, get back." Uzui says. I was behind the skinny demon.

"Brother," the oiran lady pointed at me, "she was one of the people who were harassing me."

"When the hell did I do that?" I said, forgetting who I was talking to. I gotta shut up. There's an upper rank demon in front of me. The skinny demon looked over at me. I've never felt so scared in my entire life.

"What you did to her is unforgivable..." He looked at me.

"Leave her out of this!" Uzui interrupted him.

"I'm gonna have to massacre everyone who laid a finger on her." The demon ignored Tengen, "I'll show no mercy because my name is Gyutaro!"

The Gyutaro demon threw his two sickles, one at Uzui and one at me. I jumped out of the building to avoid it. Tanjiro was outside.

"What's going on?" He asked me, holding sleeping Nezuko.

"I don't know. There are two demons in there. I think they're brother and sister. We need some backup." I say. I look at Tanjiro. He was already beat up pretty badly. His head and eyes were bleeding. "But it looks like you need to rest." I said