Chapter 2 A True Friend

Characters: Y/n, unnamed bully friend, good friend Sora 

  Takes place Before-season 1 ep 1

Like I said before, I was not treated fairly by most kids. Not only because of my trouble making younger brother or my behind older brother but because they couldn't accept me personally as well. You see, I can't focus no matter how hard I try. My brain is literally incapable of doing it for more than a minute. Instead my body channels that extra thinking energy into physical energy so I'm abnormally hyper for my age and I'm impossible to have a conversation with. Because of that, I often annoyed all the kids and I couldn't keep any friends. This made me develop serious attachment issues which just made it harder for me to make friends. Until I met her. She was a girl born unusually small. I know that I was a very tall kid for my age but still. She was puny but honestly I didn't care what she looked like. For once, I finally had a loyal friend, or so I thought.

It didn't take long for me to realize that she was controlling and would do anything in her power to make it so that my only life purpose was to serve her. I let her do that to me. In my mind it was better than being all alone but every day she would grow more and more impatient with me but instead of abandoning me like the others did to me, she would trap me in her prison of "friendship" and scold me and bully me even when I was doing nothing wrong until one day she had her breaking point. She got everyone in the village to watch as she thoroughly embarrassed me and mocked me in front of everyone. When I started crying and running away she suddenly became enraged with me and started screaming at me like she never did before.

"You're pathetic! There's something wrong with you! Only an attention seeking hog like you would ever act like the victim for a speck of sympathy."

I sat there in silence completely shocked.

"Speak up you coward! Stop making me look like the bad guy when you're the one too stupid to understand that other people have feelings!"

I stuttered through my tears.

"I.......I......I'm not trying to .......seek attention........Why would I run away if I wanted......people to be sympathetic towards....me. I.....I'm embarrassed......that's why I ran away-"

"Shut up! You must think I'm an idiot; sorry but you're the idiot for even thinking I would fall for that! It makes sense why you're so utterly foolish. It runs in your family."

I thought that was the last of her but it wasn't. If I didn't waste my life on her I then I couldn't have an enjoyable life. She spread rumors about me to everyone. Now not only did everyone not tolerate me but they hated me too. She had them spy on me and get information on how she could make me more miserable and they would smear pig's blood on the outside of my house making me have panic attacks since I've been scared of blood ever since I was little when I bashed my head open on a stone. I have a scar from it but it's under my hair and it's not even noticeable. Now people bullied me and I had no friends until one day the girl just randomly apologized to me and asked to be friends. I said yes to her. Not because I wanted to be her friend again, but because I was terrified of her. Deep down inside though I thought she changed. I was so so wrong.

Even though I was her friend, she still hated me. I tried so hard to get her to like me but it just made it worse. She still gossiped about me, controlled me, yelled at me and on bad days she would even beat me knowing that I wouldn't do anything back. There was one time we were playing ball. I accidentally elbowed her in the forehead when I didn't know she was standing behind me and she fell to the ground. When I stopped playing to check on her and see if she was okay, she grabbed the ball from me and started elbowing me in the stomach until I threw up. She started oppressing me about my weight causing me to only eat about a meal every three days. I honestly don't know how I stayed healthy.

I started slipping into a depression and even started contemplating if I should kill myself or not when finally I met someone willing to be my friend and I never thought about harming myself since; sometimes though I wish I never met her either. My friend bullied her just like she bullied me until she thought about harming herself too and unlike me still hasn't fully recovered from all the depression. I shouldn't have dragged her into my life' It was selfish of me. I'm sorry dear friend. Thank you for making my home life wonderful. Thank you for listening to me ranting about my problems not even thinking about yours and thank you for trusting me. I really needed someone to have faith in me like you had faith in me.