~ our little fairytale ~

Start from the beginning

"To achay mood ke saath jayein na, ye kya kharoos banay hue hein. Aisay kya khaak maza aaye ga?"

His lips pursed into a thin line as he finally met her eyes, making his facial features and muscles loosen up. 

"Umeed, das minute hein tumharay paas warna mein tumhein chor ke chala jaaon ga."

He raised a finger, warning her. 

"Phir kya aap akelay honeymoon manayein gay?"

"Nahi, koi gori dhoond loon ga. Aakhir itna dashing shohar hai tumhara."

He wiggled his eyebrows, a smirk making its way on his face. Umeed's arms dropped from his neck as she gasped. Farjaad took the opportunity to take quick strides out of the room. Not before dropping  a kiss on her cheek, infuriating her even more. 

"9 minutes left meri jaan, hurry up!"

He screamed from the door, making Umeed groan loudly as she rushed to finish her work. 

~

They had a layover at Doha airport for four hours. Two of which were spent in Umeed trying to find a good chai spot. Farjaad had been asking her to just grab coffee from one of the numerous coffeeshops, but she disagreed. 

"Mujhe chai hi peeni hai"

Farjaad was practically dragging his feet at this point on what was their third round around the gigantic airport. This place seemed to have no end! Umeed kept pulling him behind her, her own energy refusing to die down. 

"Umeed jitni energy tumhein chai se aani thi, us se teen gunaah tum ye ghoomnay mein laga chuki ho."

"Energy ke liye chai kon peeta hai? Chai to rooh ki taazgi ke liye peetay hein."

He groaned at his wife's overdramatic self, his own body in severe need of both food and coffee to keep going. There third round around the airport had concluded, and as they found themselves in front of the huge bear statue again, Umeed's own legs betraying her, and Farjaad just leaning against the railing, she finally gave up. 

Farjaad wasn't looking at her, but in the other direction. Umeed made a face but pulled out her camera to snap a quick picture of him. 

"Farjaad...."

"Ab kya hai?"

He turned to look at her, seeing her fumble with her fingers as she smiled sheepishly. 

"Coffee bhi chalay gi. Chalein?"

His mouth went ajar as he looked at her in disbelief, blinking rapidly. Umeed began to flutter her eyelashes and made the most innocent face she could muster. 

"Are you serious, Umeed?"

"Haan na, chaleinnn! Bhook lag rahi hai mujhe."

She again began to pull him behind her. 

"Tum khush qismat ho ke I love you"

She turned to give him a look. 

"Aap ke paas koi aur option hai bhi nahi, Mr. Farjaad Khan."

He smiled. Of course she was right. He took a couple of steps to match her pace, intertwining their fingers together. 

"Aur koi option mujhe chahiye bhi nahi."

He smiled down at her, makng her narrow her eyes. 

"Kyun, abhi kuch ghentay pehle to aap kisi aur ke saath honeymoon pe ja rahay thay?"