Chapter 1

His demon red eyes glowed ruby red and his canine-like teeth grew exponentially. The horns on his head have grown bigger as well and a green aurora glowed around him. His marks on his forehead were much visible now, like cracks in a rock or stone.

The shrine maiden dropped her silver and black katana and walked up to the Oni, slowly. The said demon's eyes narrowed, his eyebrows knitting together.

Everyone, all the other demons, retreated away from the grounds of the shrine. Trying to get as far away from the Oni's aurora. The mermaid-like demon and the fox demon did their best to lead everyone to safety, especially the small little girl with the fascination for watermelons, who was the youngest girl on the grounds of the shrine.

"Everyone's been evacuated and accounted for!" The two fire elemental demons, the red fire and blue fire elementals, said as they came rushing over. Well, the youngest one (The blue fire) was the one running in the front, while his brother (The red fire) straggled in the back.

"Even dear y/n???" The purple fox demon asked.

"I assumed she was already here!" The red fire elemental demon shrugged.

"She's near Senku?! Even when he's like this?!"

"Me and Ukyo will go back for her!" The demon dragon said, shapeshifting into his dragon form and flying back into the grounds of the shrine, with Ukyo, the small cat demon with two tails, running in his original form, following the dragon.

While the dragon and cat demon came to the young shrine maiden's rescue, the said maiden was slowly walking towards the Oni, her hand up, shielding her face, trying to see more clearly as the wind whipped her hair in all different directions.

"S-SENKU!!!" The maiden yelled, her voice trying to reach the demon's ears, "SENKU! Y-You've gotta stop this!!! You could risk damaging the shrine, or worse! Please! Listen to me-"

The Oni cut her off and with the swipe of his claw against the wind that now surrounded him as well. Just before it hit her, a large yellow and black dragon entered the scene, breathing his orangish blue fire at the oni. A white cat with two tails was right behind him, holding an arrow, ready to shoot at the demon.

"No!" You said running and jumping in between Ryusui and Ukyo, and Senku, in a starfish stance, shielding the ogre "Please don't hurt him! He's not in control of himself!"

Ignoring your pleas, both Ukyo and Ryusui readied their weapons, Uyko with his arrow, and Ryusui with his small dagger.

"It seems that his necklace is no longer stopping him from unleashing his full power! So, I'm sorry, Y/n, but this is the only thing we can do to stop him." Ryusui said, readying his dagger. 

Despite what the dragon had said, you still remained unmoving, holding your arms out and standing in front of Senku in a starfish stance.

Eventually, you were a few millimeters away from the oni. You jumped when your back met Senku's shoulder. Suddenly, you felt something grab your arm and dig its claws into your flesh. The oni's grip became tighter and tighter. Tighter enough to leave a mark on your wrist.

"S-Senku! I-It's alright! I won't let them hurt you! But you need to get a hold of yourself!" You spun around and cupped the oni's head in your hands, pressing your forehead against his horns.

"Y-Y/N!!!" Uyko yelled.

All of a sudden you started to cough up blood. Ukyo's and Ryusui's cries were in vein, as well as their movements to get over to you in time. You looked down, coughing up another gurgle of blood. You noticed Senku's claws were piercing through your stomach. Your eyes widened with shock and your knees began to feel weak. As this all happened, you noticed the green aura around Senku had calmed down and the wind had changed around you two. "S-Senku... Why???"