125. You can date

Start from the beginning

"Are you seriously asking that question?"

She laughed, "I'm just wondering is all" she shrugged.

"Why?" he asked.

"Oh" she sat up.

"Oh?"

"Well..." she tried to think about what she should say. "I went out with Gracie, she's my coworker. We went to a bar and got to know each other."

"Can I see the memory?" he smirked.

Spencer punched his arm, "I'm trying to have a conversation with you!"

"Fine fine" he rolled his eyes, trying to hide the laugh that formed.

"So then we went to a club and- I was drunk and... you know, this guy came up to me-"

"Never mind- I don't want to know" he cut her off.

"What? Why?"

"If you two had s-"

"No! Sirius just- can I talk please?" she laughed.

He nodded.

"He kissed me out of nowhere- then I realized we haven't kissed at all" she shrugged.

"Was he any good?"

"It was nice, I guess... to feel wanted" she nodded.

"You can date, you know" he offered. "I know I can't really do much for you stuck in this house... besides, I know eventually this ends."

"Do you want it to end?"

He sighed, "I mean, at some point you're going to get a boyfriend. And if we're having sex during the getting the know each other stage- that's okay. But, I don't want to be-"

"Why are we talking about me dating? I'm not going to date I can barely handle you" she laughed.

"Can I tell you something?"

"Yeah, you can tell me anything" she nodded.

"I just... I guess because I know Remus was the last guy you kissed, before that random guy, he was... you know, you loved him" he shrugged. "I kind of feel like I'm in the middle of that."

"Who said I loved him?"

He gave her a look, a look that she didn't like.

A look that said it was obvious.

"You're not in the middle of anything" she shook her head.

"It just feels like I am" he shrugged. "I know we're not together, and I'm not saying I want to be," he cleared up, "but you're much more than a good lay. You're my best friend" he added. "I don't want for him to come back and then us tip toe around one another because we've seen each other naked."

Spencer laughed.

"What! I'm being serious."

She laughed even louder.

"Shut up" he rolled her eyes with a grin.

"Sorry," she finished giggling, "I just- you don't have to worry about any awkwardness between us on my part."

She reached for his hand, "I love you" she smiled.

"I love you too" he nodded. "I didn't say it when you told me, but I do. I love you."

She nodded.

"Besides, I don't know if I can forgive him" she added. "He was mean" she shrugged.

"There will be other people, you know?"