c h a p t e r ♔ f i f t e e n

i warily take the phone into my hand. "Hello?" i ask shakily into the speaker.

"WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU FRAN?" Leo screams on the other side of the phone.

The blood drains from my face as i look from the floor to Tom. This is it. We're fucking dead.

"Uhm, at the dinner father said i could go to. Why?" I bite my lip and close my eyes. I need to try to lie my way out of it the best that i can.

"Like hell you are. Then why am i standing here with Mr. Romano, Gemma, and Vivi?" he spits bitterly into the other side of the line.

i place my hand over my eyes and inhale a deep breath. I could always run. Escape the country and find a new identity. I've always thought i'd look good as a blonde.

"i'm sorry Leo." i mutter quietly

"You're lucky father hasn't found out yet. That little boy of yours would be dead by now."

"Leo. stop. i'm coming back. Don't tell father." i demand, my tone changing from pleading to stern.

"Or what Fran? you'll send Tom Kaulitz after your little brother?" he laughs into the phone.

"You owe me Leonardo. Let's not forget about last summer. Keep your fucking mouth shut. I'll be there in 20." I hang up the phone and hand it angrily back to Tom.

"i know i shouldn't ask..." He starts.

"Then don't." I cut him off. There is no way i could tell Tom about last summer. This is a secret that would ruin Leo's life. Though i threatened him with it, i would never tell a soul. I swore my life on it.

Tom nods understandingly. It was comforting to have someone that knew the ins and outs of what it was like to grow up mafia. In our world, spilled secrets can easily equate to spilled blood.

"I have to go." I tell him, while my eyes are pleading to stay just a moment longer.

"At least let me walk you." he offers.

i shake my head no. "I want you to but it would be bad if Leo saw you. He's pissed."

"Leos nothing i can't handle" he mutters

"I know that Tom but he's my little brother." i throw my head back in frustration.

He nods. Tucking his lower lip into his mouth he steps towards me. His large figure embraces me with a hug. Lying my face against his muscular chest, i breathe in the smell of his musky cologne. I wish to stay here forever.

I feel my heart break a little as i pull away from him and head down the stairs. Before i fully disappear he calls out to me.

"Fran!"

"Yeah?" i peak my head back through the stairwell.

"Promise me." he commands

"Promise you what?"

"Promise you'll see me again." His eyes soften with worry as he anticipates my answer.

"I promise to see you again Tom Kaulitz." I whisper into the darkness of the small bell room.