Chapter 4: It's rude to refuse food

Start from the beginning

Touka:Why you...I have lots of friends!

Kaneki:Eh? But wasn't Yoriko-san your only friend.

Touka looked at him with a blank face. By the amusement in Rize's eyes, that must've been tge wrong thing to say.

Touka:Wow. Thanks a lot, Kaneki.

Yoshimura:Please forgive her. She'll need time to accomodate.

Kumagawa:[Don't worry. I'm used to being treated that way.]

Rize:Awww!

As it turns out Touka had to study for the exams and was busy with that. As an consequence, Yoshimura asked Kumagawa if he could go look for food with another employee. Seeing no reason to disagree Kumagawa went along with it.

Right now he was on the seat beside a man with shoulder lenght white hair and black eyes who was riding the car they were currently situated in. His name was Yomu Renji.

Renji:We're here.

Kumagawa opened the door and stepped outside. His eyes narrowed in recognition.

Kumagawa:[Ah, this is a really popular suicide location! I see, that really is convenient.]

Renji:Yeah, we don't need to take someone's life that way.

Koutaro:Suicide locations?

Koutaro didn't have much of an positive experience with ghouls. Given his adophive father was one and he wasn't a good man by any means.

However, he was confused ever since meeting the Eyepatch ghoul. He genuinly looked like he didn't want to kill anyone, even warning him to leave while he still had control.

He never thought about something like this. That there were ghouls who truly wanted to coexist with humans.

Koutaro:...Am I truly doing the right thing?

Kumagawa looked over the cliff to see what looked like down there. Renji's eyes widened in worry.

Renji:Sto...

However, he was too late. A part of the fence broke and Kumagawa's body fell into the cliff.

Renji cursed inside his head. Still, there are chances he was still alive. Maybe if they hurry to a hospital...

However, he was in shock when he saw Kumagawa jumping all the way back up unharmed. He was also carrying a corpse with him.

Kumagawa:[Are we done?]

Renji:Y...Yeah. You're really tough, huh?

The next day Kumagawa and Rize were once again at Anteiku side by side, one reading Shounen Jump and one an older book of Takatsuki Sen, while the human was munching on some sandwiches. The only other one in the main hall was Touka who decided to drop the subject and just do her work.

However, the bell if the entrance ringed making the three turn their heads in that direction. Through the door a pair of similar looking female ghouls entered.

The first one was a woman with brown hair and brown eyes. Her name was Fueguchi Ryouko.

The second one shared tge same characteristics, but she was much younger. Kumagawa thought she must be some sort of relative, maybe even her daughter. Her name was Fueguchi Hinami.

Additionaly, both Rize and Touka seemed to be familiar with them by the looks they had. Touka wasted no time to welcome them in go talk with the manager.