SAM

"Sam, would you mind answering this question?"

Simultaneously, 2 students slam their hands against their desks.

"Which one!?" They say at once. Her feminine voice mixes with his masculine one. One filled with irritation and the other with boredom. As they complete the question, they send death glares to one another from across the room. The class is silent as the two of them continue to stare.

"Stop it, you idiot!"

"You're irritating."

"I swear I'll kill you!"

The class continues to watch both the students say the same thing at the same time over and over again.

"Are you sure they aren't twins?"

Some random kid says in class. The guy next to him covers his mouth as the glares from both students are suddenly aimed at him.

"What the hell did you just say?"

"I would kill myself if I was related to this thing."

"STOP COPYING WHAT I SAY."

Awkward silence follows after that. No one dares to say a word as they are too afraid to disturb the silence.

"Alright, sit down. You guys do this every time. And obviously I'm talking about Samuel Parkins. Not Samantha Perkins. She doesn't need this as much as you do."

They both sit down and the class snickers.

"Shut up."

Sam, the boy, grunts out and the class immediately goes silent. The perks of being the most feared person in high school. And the hottest.

"I'm not answering the stupid question. Give it to SaMANtha."

She flinches when hearing her stupid nickname.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't know that being 'cool' came with no brain cells." Samantha replies with a childish charm.

"But we all know that being a little stay at home goody two shoes like you means no social life what-so-ever." Samuel smirks.

She clicks her tongue.

"The Wall Street crash. That's the answer, sir."

She says through her teeth as the answer slowly goes through the learners and it makes its way to the teacher.

"Thank you, Sam. And Sams, since you both interrupted my lesson I will see you after school."

The class continues with History and as usual, Samuel puts his head down and sleeps and Samantha looks out the window while the sound of the teacher is drowned out by the endless nothingness. After a while, the bell rings and all the teenagers get up and leave. Both Sam's take their time to stand up and pack and casually glance at each other.

"See you in 5, Perkins." As Samuel slings his bag off his shoulder.

"Or sooner, Parkins." And Samantha smiles. Her bright smile brings a smile to his lips.

"Dude, I don't understand their friendship." A bystander whispers. His friend shakes her head.

"Bro, just let it be."

The Sam P's, that's what everyone calls them. Since they were both 7, they were always associated with each other. It might be because they're both called Sam. Or because they're always hanging out with one another.

They share a hate/love relationship.

One that is hopefully going to cost them nothing.

Or cost them everything.