Intermission: An experiment?

Depuis le début

Since when did this man gain such a title? On top of that, what does he want?

Elusive as it was, my brain never ceased its considerations. Even when I wasn't trying to, I would still analyze and think endlessly. Unsurprisingly, when every waking moment is about knowledge and analysis, you end up making a part of you.

The White Room turned me into a walking supercomputer, calculating without limit; any and every possible factor.

Finally, as quietness settled into the air, we could get some important information. Maybe we could understand what sprouted the 'Supreme Leader' as an actual title.

As far as I was aware, only China and North Korea had these types of Heads of States.

In other words, real-world dictatorships were the only references for this. Not a good sign at all...

"Hello to you all. As I'm sure you're aware, I am Supreme Leader Kijima. Now, I will explain what we need from you."

After a short pause, he continued, his authoritative voice effortlessly travelling across the horizon, "Oh, and one thing before I start: full cooperation will be required." A cryptic message to potential dissent.

"Simply put, don't try to play the hero here; we won't hurt you if you comply," he said, his voice depending at the end. "Now, any questions?"

Feeling brave today, I couldn't help but raise my hand, causing my seatmates to roll their eyes. Perhaps they were under the impression that I was an idiot.

Well, not like I would disagree. Some things I do could be considered stupid from a different perspective. If someone had valid, weighty criticism of me, that'd be great; something new for me to learn.

Seeing my raised left hand, some intrusive people decided to join the fray.

Sakayanagi Arisu, my crippled lilac-haired stalker, giggled after recognizing my initiative, lifting her own frail hand in the moment.

Horikita Suzune, my partner in business, likely had her own issues with this ordeal. The black-haired devil liked to dig her hands into matters beyond her control. However, with the recent loss at the sports festival, I knew the only trajectory for her in future was to rise.

Prime Minister Kijima had his eyes on me a little too long; it was making the air uncomfortable. For some reason, it felt like he could see into the depths of my soul, uncovering every secret, every inch of my being. This defilement of personal space (he didn't touch me, though) struck in an odd way, leaving me with only befuddlement as company.

Sigh...

After what seemed like an eternity, he signalled for me. "You, Ayanokōji Kiyotaka, speak."

Oh no...!

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

All eyes on me; that was the situation as of current. Even those who were seemingly bored showed surprise that this man was aware of my existence. Their dynamic faces stretched in disbelief.

Once again, I let out a sigh as words poured out of my mouth. "Why did you bring us to this place? Why do you have the title, 'Supreme Leader'? How do you know my name?"

Questioning his awareness of my identity was not really needed, but I still wanted to portray myself as a normal high student for a while longer.

We have already seen that these people had wings on them, their bodies projected light, and they could levitate in the air at will. Suspension of disbelief was a prerequisite for not losing your mind at this point.

Everyone seemed satisfied by my questions and directed their gazes at him again.

Under all this heavy pressure, I noticed Ryūen and his entourage whispering amongst themselves.

I closed my eyes and leaned into the chair, plunging into its exquisite softness. Such cool texture was, in a way, addictive.

"First question. We have brought you here because we want you to watch a certain project on the screen. We promise this is not a joke."

Murmurs, whispers, unanswered questions.

"For your second question, has there ever been a better Prime Minister than myself in history? I singlehandedly fixed the economy of Japan, fixed the public school system, made many reforms to legislature in terms of social equality, and even fixed the prison system. In all honesty, every person in Japan should be grateful to breathe the same air as me!"

Silence. His cockiness was palpable, but we weren't going to challenge him on it. But it did seem like he was being sarcastic...

"For that last question, Ayanokōji. I know who you are for many reasons. For one, this event holds you as a primary factor in its existence. We have some things pending exploration," he concluded.

The gigantic screen started shooting something, and that's when I knew...

My peaceful life was officially over.

----------------------------------------------------
Word count: 1349