"I am sorry, Ari, but you are badly injured. Though my herbs work well for your body, you still need time to heal completely. Oh, and I live quite far. You are currently in the mountains."

"The mountains!? That is so far away from where I was! What the fuck!? Thank you for taking me here and treating me, but holy hell... I need to leave first thing in the morning, and I do not want to fucking hear it. I will destroy my body if that means my parents are safe. Am.. I...understood?" I gritted out the last words, my eyes blaring into both of the male's gazes. Wyvern and Jack sent a look at each other before nodding their heads.

"Very well. I will leave you guys to rest. Your clothes are being cleaned and dried. Ready for you in the morning. Sweet dreams." Jack bowed his head before leaving the room. Without saying another word to Wyvern, I turned my back to him and closed my eyes.

...

Like Jack said, my clothes were neatly folded and set in the bathroom. So, as the early morning sun came in, I was up and dressed for the day. Wyvern was nowhere to be seen when I woke up, and I assumed he had gotten up before I did. Good. Because we needed to get going. I could not waste any more time.

Making my way out of the room and downstairs, the smell of breakfast warped through the air. This cabin was excellent. Much nicer than the one I stayed in with Meadow and Rylan. This place did not look destroyed at all. It looked well put together with the warm wood finishes, a stone fireplace, comfortable furnishings, and large windows that offer beautiful views of the outdoors. A well-appointed kitchen, a comfortable living area, and comfortable bedrooms contribute to the overall comfort. It would make sense, seeing as we were in the mountains. Her anger could not have reached all the way over here, now would it?

Entering the kitchen, Wyvern and Jack were having a heated conversation. At least from what I could see, because as soon as I entered, the conversation ended abruptly, and all attention was on me now. Wyvern was seated at the long table, his hands clasped together tightly, while Jack stood in the kitchen preparing the food.

"Good morning to you guys as well. What's with the tension in the air?" I greeted the men, walking over to Jack to help him bring the plates over to the table. Jack sent me a grateful look, though I'm sure he wasn't expecting me to help, considering I am a guest, but I was raised better than that.

"Good morning. Nothing for you to worry about." Wyvern shrugged as he pulled out a chair for me, to which I happily sat down. However, I didn't miss the way Jack sent Wyvern a look. Jack pinched the bridge of his nose, sighing before placing himself across from me. We all ate in silence other than the occasional glances that Wyvern and Jack kept giving each other. I tried to ignore them, but it was getting on my nerves as if they were hiding something from me.

"Alright, what-" I started, placing my utensils down, but Jack interrupted me before I could continue.

"How are your injuries? How are you feeling?" Jack questioned, tapping his fingers on the table. He was clearly itching to check on my wounds but couldn't do so now.

"Sore. I'm sore and don't worry, I was careful while washing myself. Wyvern beat me so bad that I had to get stitches? I'm surprised I'm still alive." I responded, wincing at the image of the injuries on my body. Most of them were just dark bruises, while some of the wounds on my side had broken and needed to be stitched together. To say I'm impressed but also terrified was an understatement. This man did not use any of his powers nor even turn into his dragon form, yet he did so much damage to me. The fact that I'm still standing just shows how strong I am.

Jack nodded his head, his eyes wandering around now as if he were thinking. He probably was thinking. His hand tapped repeatedly on the dining table. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion before glaring over at Wyvern.