6

(Playing "My Love Mine All Mine" by Mitski in my head as I write this.)

They stayed up late together, sitting on the couch watching Johnny's movies. Kenshi tried to keep up with Johnny, but the jet lag was getting to him, and somewhere in the middle of one of the movies, Kenshi fell asleep.

As the movie continued to play, Johnny noticed Kenshi's head was resting in his hand, and his breathing became slow and steady. It didn't take long for him to realize that his friend had fallen asleep. Johnny couldn't help but smile at the sight. Kenshi looked so peaceful like this. He paused the movie and gently placed a blanket over Kenshi; he helped his friend to lie down, making sure his friend was comfortable. Johnny didn't want to move him from his spot since Kenshi seemed content where he was, and the swordsman looked too tired to make it to the guest room.

Cage left Kenshi to rest on the couch when he decided to call it a night as well. He turned off the TV, dimmed the lights, and headed to his bedroom. When he got to his room, he shut the door behind him before starting to take off his shirt and slipped out of his pants. He liked to sleep in only his boxers so his body wouldn't get too hot while he was under the covers. Cage's body heat made it where he could be a personal heater; the man's hands alone were their own pocket warmers.

Johnny flopped back onto his bed, and as he lay there, Johnny's thoughts started to drift into the past few months and all the stress he had to put up with. His divorce, the pressure from his career, and the constant demands of Hollywood had taken a toll on him, but this evening with Kensh was something he didn't know he needed. He couldn't remember the last time he was able to kick back and relax like that or just enjoy himself, that is, without drinking.

Cage turned over on his side, and in the stillness of the night, he let his body relax. Johnny pulled his blanket over his body when he closed his eyes and took a deep breath, savoring the peace and contentment while he had it as if it would slip away from him at any moment. With each calming breath he took, Johnny allowed himself to drift asleep, feeling that there was a chance things could get better.
—-
Morning came, and Johnny was lying on his stomach; his blankets hanging off the side of his bed in a mess when his alarm suddenly started to beep.

Cage reached over desperately from where he was lying to turn off the alarm before he gave up and sat up to turn the thing off. Cage let out a frustrated mumble as he slipped out of bed slowing.

Cage moved to his door, pulling the robe off its hook as he wrapping it over his body and tied it carefully.

He slowly makes his way out of his room, his feet dragging under him to the kitchen, where he finds Kenshi still asleep on his couch. The change in time zones set the swordsman's sleep schedule off, but Johnny didn't want to disturb the sleeping man.

A small smile pressed to the movie star's lips while he silently went on to prepare a pot of coffee for him and Takahashi. God's knew that Kenshi was going to need some coffee.
—-

Kenshi started to wake up to the smell of food and coffee. The blind swordsman sat up slowly from his spot and, he looked down towards his body as he felt the blanket lying over him. Did Johnny put this over him when he fell asleep?

  It smelled like eggs and coffee. Kenshi sat up properly on the couch when Cage noticed his friend was awake now. "Good morning, sunshine," Johnny said with a playful tone, seeing the other bedhead and grumpy pout under his blindfold.

Kenshi's senses gradually were coming back to him when he greeted Johnny with a sleepy, "Morning," still trying to shake off the lingering drowsiness.

Johnny poured two cups of coffee and handed one to Kenshi, who gladly accepted it. The warmth of the coffee in their hands offered a comforting start to the day. "What time is it?" Kenshi asked before sipping his coffee.