Chapter 7 - Three More Bites

Start from the beginning

I don't think she knows how truly beautiful she is. The idea that no one ever told her so, makes my blood boil.

When I find whoever treated her so horribly... there aren't even words for what I'll do to them.

Although I think I'll enjoy it a lot more if I let Vex, Daniels wolf, lose on them. Spilling blood is almost as satisfying as watching it scream for life before you see its limbs ripped to shreds.

She sits down, in the farthest corner of the wrap around booth. I push her plate in front of her. She's sitting, and she seems more relaxed. That's more than enough for now. We have all the time in the world.

I pick up my fork, shovelling food into my mouth. It's takes her a second before she does the same, her bites much smaller than mine.

She practically moans at the taste. Her eyes falling shut as she chews. I chuckle under my breath. She so cute.

Her beautiful heterochromia eyes snaps to me, a blush creeping up her cheeks. I refrain from pointing it out. Teasing her doesn't seem like the smartest move at the moment.

"S-sorry, it's just... been so long" she says, taking another bite.

"So long since, what?"

Her smile fades, and the cute pink of her cheeks washes away. Placing her fork beside her plate she covers her mouth, clearing her throat.

"Since I've h-had a meal." Her eyes on her plate, "A hot one" she smiles at this. Why this is a happy memory, I have no idea.

My confusion must be obvious on my face because she continues with, "My stepfather n-never let me eat what I'd make for them. I only got one meal a day o-or so, usually leftovers from a week before, or... the s-scraps I threw in the bin when making their dinner."

The fork bends in my palm. I hadn't realized I was still holding it, let alone crushing it. She flinches at this. I immediately carry the fork to the sink, leaning against the counter.

I breath hard noticing her body shaking slightly.

Shit.

I hold my breath until the pulsing subsides and the rage stops boiling over.

"I want you to know, your safe here. We would never hurt you or force you to do anything you didn't want to do." I say, she nods at this, like she already felt that way a little. That's good. "You can do what you want, eat what you want when you want. Anything you like, it's yours."

Her body sans shaking, but her expression confused. A little sad.

"Why?" her whispered words carry easily to my ears in the quite kitchen.

"Why what?" I ask.

"Why are you being so kind. You don't k-know me, I don't k-know you." She says, turning to the edge of the booth, fiddling with her fingers. She won't look at me, I don't think she can.

"You are my mate, there isn't anything I wouldn't do for you," I say, "Anything we wouldn't do for you." I quickly correct. Sharing a mate isn't uncommon, but its almost unheard of that three alphas should share a mate.

She holds her hands in her gaze, her fingers freezing at my words.

"Mate?" she looks up at me, keeping her posture small and submissive.

"That's a conversation for when Seth and Daniel get back. Wouldn't want to leave them out now, would we?" My question rhetorical, but the slight blush on her cheeks at the mention of my brothers has me chuckling again.

"How's the food?" I ask, moving to the table and holding the back of the booth. "You've barely touched it." She winces at my words. The realization of my fuck up almost immediate.

"I c-can't eat, anymore."

I lean down, hovering right above her face. Her lashes fanning my face, and her lips slightly parted. It's ungodly how bad I want to taste her.

"Three more bites." I say, her heartbeat speeding up the longer I stay this close. She swallows and wets her lips. She feels the need. She just doesn't know it yet.

In time sweetheart.

She starts to shake her head, fidgeting with her fingers once more.

I slide my hand down her back, my other hand making its way under her thigh. Carful to go slow and watch for any signs she's uncomfortable.

She looks anything but uncomfortable at my touch.

Good.

She watches me closely before a yelp leaves her cute mouth, when I pick her up and scoot in under her. Placing her on my lap.

I wait a minute, letting her adjust to the new position. Seeing if she's okay with it. She curls up, leaning back a little.

I take her fork from the table, piling on a few pieces of egg before brining it up to her lips. She looks at me before turning back and wrapping her lips around the fork tongs.

"Good girl" I pull the fork from her mouth, grabbing the toast. She takes two more bite before I push the plate to the center of the table.

I pull her legs up, cradling my arm under her knees. Her head snuggles closer to my chest.

I move to the edge, picking her up and walking us to the far end of the house, cradling her bridal style. She doesn't speak, doesn't ask where were going. She just... watches.

I walk into the movie room, moving to the middle of the room before placing her softly on the middle couch. She takes in her surroundings, gawking at the plush cushions, snack bar, and massive flat screen position at the front of the room.

"Is that a t.v?" she asks, pointing at the wall of screen.

"Yes, it is. What would you like to watch?"

She looks at me, wonder and tears filling her eyes. "I c-can pick?"

I nod, holding back the grin she's causing. I hand her a book, a list of all the movies we have on stream. She combs through the titles, having trouble reading only a few. She doesn't ask for help, so I don't point it out.

She picks out an old Disney movie, '101 dalmatians', combing her fingers through the ends of her silky brown hair, as I select the movie and press play.

I sit down next to her, cover both our laps with the same blanket and get comfortable. It takes her a bit before she snuggles into the couch, relaxing her body. I smile to my self.

Baby steps.

She falls asleep not five minutes later. Her head falling to the side and landing on my shoulder. I prop my leg up, pulling her into me.

She makes a tiny little moan as she gets comfortable and I'm as hard as a rock. Thank God she's asleep because I'm really not ready for that conversation. Not yet at least. First mates, then mating. 

*******

Word Count: 1,771

Thank you so much for reading my story. I am overjoyed with the amount of people who have read and liked my work. 

Please let me know what you would like to happen between the characters. If things are moving to fast or to slow. 

Next chapter will be up next week.