Prologue: The Onslaught

Magsimula sa umpisa

Within the Raven, the team was assigned to investigate a fort Outpost Omega, a fortress-like base made to repel the UIR attacks but used to repel the locust instead. With recent reports, the facility has gone dark now it is up to the Laughing Dogs Squadron to investigate the facility and reclaim it in the name of COG. The squad already knew that it wasn't for that cause but they were about to be sent into a slaughterhouse.

Gust: " I fucking hate this already."

Becky: It's better than patrolling the streets where no action takes place, Gust"

The Gear named Gust shifted around in his seat trying to find a comfortable spot to sit on, the female Gear held onto their Gnasher before hearing Gust speak again with a hint of hostility and sarcasm.

Gust: "I still don't understand why WE have to do it, Becky. We could have been assigned to the frontlines but noooo we get sent to investigate blackout Outpost."

Buck: "Can you shut up already Gust, the last thing we want is your yapping going to get us shot out of the sky by Nemacyst. Our mission is to find out why a fort Outpost has gone dark and reclaim it from the Locusts if they occupied it" 

Alex: "So out of the 4 of you, Buck readied their fucking briefing, I'm surrounded by morons... is the Rookie sleeping?"

Becky looked over to the sleeping Gear who was clutching onto their Lancer closely as their body was leaning onto the door of the Raven, from what she knew about the Gear was that he was their replacement for one of their KIA squadmates, despite them being young at least 19 and fresh out of Bootcamp that all they can get due to the amount that can be spared. She turns her head to look at Buck due to him being seated next to the rookie she gestures to him to wake the rookie up.

Buck grabs his GZ18 Markza Sniper Rifle that was resting in between his legs and "gently" whacks the rookie on the helmeted head with the back end of the sniper. The team watched him quickly stir up from his nap and rapidly look around to assess his surroundings, seeing he was still in the raven with his team he slowly calmed down.

Buck: "Abit jumpy ain't we Jaune?"

(A.N: this is a different Jaune, not the one from RWBY reason why I chose the name is cause I am suffering from a thing called Signalis brain rot and can't think of a good name.)

Jaune: "Sorry Serge-"

Buck: "Just call me Buck Private, didn't you get some sleep?."

Jaune: " Only got 4 hours of sleep."

Alex: "Want to tell me why you only got 4 hours of sleep?"

Alex glances towards Jaune before he starts speaking.

Jaune: "I was trying to do maintenance on my gun, it keeps getting jammed when I try to do full auto."

Gust: "You better pray to god cause if your gun gets jammed in the middle of the firefight you are completely fuck."

Becky: " Enough Gust * turns to Jaune* have you tried to look into the Lancer receiver?"

Jaune: "Yes I have Lance Corporal Becky, I checked the magazine spring, and the primer, I checked most of it and it seems fine."

Gust: "Probably it's bad luck." 

Buck: "Let's hope you don't get mauled by Bloodmounts Gust."

Gust: "Go blow yourself up with tickers ass hat."

Jaune was slightly concerned about how they were wishing death upon their teammates but he hoped that their death wishes wouldn't come to light. As the team continued their conversation they heard the pilot speak.