𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Start from the beginning

"Mama! You won't believe who just walked in hea'" Asaad's Aunt, Latifa, said when she saw Asaad.

"Wassam Auntie," Asaad gifted, he would've gave the woman a hug but he was currently holding two medium sized boxes.

"Aye, this my lady, Carsyn. Carsyn, this my Aunt Latifa," Asaad introduced Carsyn, causing her to smile shyly.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you!" Carsyn said politely.

"It's nice to meet you as well, you are so pretty!" Latifa complimented.

"Thank you so much! You are very beautiful yourself," She replied.

"But I'm not gon' keep you too long, I know y'all gotta go talk to the rest of my family. They all in there exchanging gifts," Latifa said.

"Okay, it's was nice meeting you!" Carsyn said as she wrapped her arm around Asaad's, allowing him to lead her further into the house.

"You think you so fucking funny Rashad! I shouldn't have got you shit!" A woman yelled to who Carsyn was to be Rashad.

"Wassup y'all," Asaad said when he and Carsyn entered the living room.

"I know that's not my grandbaby I hear," Ciara said from the kitchen, walking out to see if it was Asaad.

"Oh lord! Come here boy," Ciara said excitedly, walking over to her grandson.

Asaad sat the gifts down on the table beside him before hugging his grandmother, laughing as she hugged him tightly.

His visit was long overdue, she hadn't seen him since before he got locked up.

"Come on Nana, don't cry man," Asaad mumbled as he hugged the woman, truly feeling bad because he should've came and saw the woman sooner. He had never seen his grandmother cry, but here she was.

"Your stupid ass gon' go to jail, stressing me the fuck out," She cursed after she pulled away, popping the side of his head causing him to suck his teeth.

"Nana, This my girlfriend, Carsyn. Carsyn, this my grandma, Ciara," Asaad said, finally introducing Carsyn.

"Well aren't you pretty! It's nice to meet you!" Ciara said with a smile.

"Thank you! And it's nice to meet you too! Your home is beautiful," Carsyn replied.

"Thank you, I try. Anyone my grandson brings home is welcomed with open arms, so welcome to the family Carsyn. You play spades?"

"Renig! You just cut clubs!" Asaad's uncle Rashad called.

"Rashad don't be tryna frame that girl cause you finna get set! Check your books because I've been watching the entire time!" Ciara stuck up for the Carsyn causing Rashad to suck his teeth.

"Man yall cheating! Take y'all damn book,"

Carsyn ended up fitting right in with the family, everyone was so welcoming and loving of her, she truly felt included.

"Your family is so sweet, that probably why you're so sweet as well," Carsyn complimented as the Asaad parked the car, causing him to suck his teeth.

"Don't do that cause you know you a sweetheart Asaad, don't try to fronttt," Carsyn teased but he just waved her off.

She reached to the backseat to grab the large bouquet of flowers, passing them to Asaad when he went around and opened her door.

"You can go by yourself first, just tell me when to come" She told him, wanting him to have his privacy.

He nodded, kissing her cheek before walking off to grave yard, finding the tombstone that read "Asani Maryanne Murders, loving mother, sister, and daughter,"

"Wassup Momma, I know it's been a minute... Merry Christmas," He mumbled as he stared at his mother's tombstone, setting the bouquet of flowers down as he sat down on the grass.

"I been trying...for you. You ain't never like the shit I got into so I been tryna chill, but I guess you could see that ain't working out too good,"

"I miss you a lot man, I feel like I took you for granted ma, like I ain't appreciate you enough when you was here wit' me, I'm sorry,"

"I uh...I met this beautiful ass girl, I been talking to shorty over the phone for five months, but I been seeing her in person for one month, so I really been messing wit' her for half a year,"

"To be honest, Ion know how fast shit supposed to move, but I think I love her ma. She so sensitive tho, ion'  wanna rush her or nothing so I ain't tell her yet, but I almost slipped up a couple times today,"

"In a way, she kinda remind me of you. She so real, and genuine. She ain't using me, she stubborn as hell but she knows how to own up to her shit. Ion know how she do it, but she calm me down. I used to be mad at the world, ain't wanna talk to nobody, but she got me acting soft as hell with her,"

"She the type of girl I see myself spending the rest of my life with if we being real, and I wanna lock her down and hold on to her cause I don't wanna lose her. I feel like ima' fuck it up tho,"

"So many people take her for granted, just like they did you, and ion'  want that for her cause I see where that shit drove you," He said.

His mother had been fighting depression all of her life, but when he finally thought she was happy, and content with her life, his father betrayed her.

She ended up committing suicide a month later, and that tore Asaad's entire mental up.

"I'a probably lose my mind if I lost her like I lost you,"

awwww