"Okay," I answered. "Love you, baby."

"Love you, more, Bella," he breathed, pressing his forehead to mine. "Be safe."

I kissed his lips once more, darting into the house to pick up the keys for the motorcycle. I slipped my bag over my head and put on my helmet. With kickstart, the bike jumped to life. I drove to the clinic, parking in the back. I walked into the clinic, smiling at Kebi. "Sorry, I'm late," I said. "Marie was being clingy and only wanted Edward."

"It's all good," Kebi replied. "I'm just doing inventory. I have to go on a supply run soon."

"And, Austin?" I asked.

"He left about ten minutes ago," Kebi answered. "He could barely keep his eyes open. The baby kept him up most the night. I think Charlotte is struggling with breast feeding."

"We can supplement with goat's milk. We also have some powdered formula," I said, walking to the back closet where we kept our supplies. "Breast feeds are a struggle. I had difficulty with Marie. But, your homeopathic remedy helped a great deal when it came to the sore nipples."

"I do try," Kebi snickered. "Rosalie and Emmett are coming for a pregnancy checkup. That's the only appointment we have."

"Sounds good," I nodded. "I'm going to work on doing some charting. I'll also make a list of supplies we need from the mountain."

"Good call," Kebi said.

I sat down at my desk in my office, working on charting. It was tedious work, copying down all the notes onto our files, but it was quiet. An hour after I sat down, the bell of our front door rang. I heard Rose's voice and Emmett's laughter. Closing the files I was working on, I stepped out into the main waiting area. My best friend was heavily pregnant, rubbing her belly. She looked miserable. "Rose," I said, walking to her and hugging her as best I could.

"Get this kid out of me," she moaned. "I've been having contractions all morning."

I blinked to Emmett. "Have they been coming at regular intervals?" I asked, taking Rose's arm, and leading her to one of the exam rooms.

"No," Emmett answered. "I think they're Brixton Hacks, or whatever they're called."

"Braxton Hicks contractions," I corrected. "Let me check the baby and see if you're dilated."

Emmett took his spot at the head of the exam table while I lifted her dress to check her belly. I was concerned that the baby hadn't moved. At their last appointment, the baby was breech. I smiled when I felt the baby. "Your nugget has moved. Their head where it should be. I won't have to perform a C-section."

"Oh, thank God," Rose breathed. "Don't get me wrong. I know you're a great surgeon, but the drugs here in the clinic are nowhere near as good as the shit in the mountain."

"You're full of it," I deadpanned. "I have the same meds as my mom and Carlisle."

"But, they have air conditioning," Rose huffed. "Being pregnant in this heat? I want to die."

"You're not going to die," I chided, doing a pelvic exam. "And, you're not giving birth today either. You're about three centimeters dilated. Once your water has broken and your contractions come at regular intervals, then you're in labor."

"Can you give me a guess as to when this baby is coming? Tomorrow? In a week? A month?" Rose grumped. "I want to see my feet again."

"I can say that you will not have this baby in a month," I said, walking to the sink and washing my hands. "Probably within in the next two weeks. I do want you to take it easy. Keep your feet up. Let Emmett take care of you. We'll help you if you need it."

May We Meet Againजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें