Prologue

━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━
"I'm gonna finish studying for this stupid math exam and then I can finally finish reading that novel I found on _____," Kim Ga-Eul mumbled to himself while flipping through a math textbook. Just the day before he had finally gotten a glorious 7 hours of sleep and he was not going to waste his energy on something irrelevant like reading novels.

He was sitting in the chair in his bedroom. He had school and an important math exam tomorrow that he needed to pass otherwise his parents would be very disappointed and would stop paying the rent for his apartment. He couldn't afford to spend more time working part-time jobs than he already had.

At first, things were going great. He had finished counting a few equations with little to no effort at all and he was feeling enthusiastic. After a while though, everything started going downhill.

He started feeling more drowsy and sluggish for no apparent reason the more he studied. Oddly, he also felt cold despite it only being the start of autumn.

"What the hell..?" he said to himself. He couldn't focus at all, and sleep was starting to feel like a better activity to do instead of studying as time went on. 

'Just a few minutes wouldn't hurt, right? Maybe I should set an alarm so I could continue studying later...'  he thought to himself.

He tried reaching for his phone but stopped as he was beginning to feel his eyes closing shut. He dropped his arm, no longer having the energy to even lift it.

'No..!' was the last thing he thought before falling asleep.    ━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━
A/N
Constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated (English is not my first language and I'm only at an intermediate level).

I apologize for the delay. I reworked Chapter 1 at least twice (they each had 1200-1400 words and that's hard for me to write) and I still wasn't satisfied, so I decided to rewrite it for the third time. I don't know how long it's going to take me, but I hope I can finish it in under a month. Have a good day!

Note: I don't like my notifications blowing up all the time, so try not to vote for the chapters too much! Also, the cover art is not mine and I think it's AI-generated. I found it on openart.ai under the user oyster_inborn_4. Please message me so I can change it if you want me to not use it.