Chapter 4: Confrontations, Confessions and Meeting

3rd Person Pov:

Areum agreed to meet Soyeon after school, she sits on the stair case while waiting for the latter to show up. After a few minutes she hears footsteps behind her, she stands up and sees Soyeon right behind her.

"Why did you want to meet?" Soyeon scoffs and clicks her tounge,
"Why have you been avoiding me?" Areum tries to play it cool,
"I dont know what you're talking about."

Soyeon rolls her eyes,
"Really? You dont? You've been ignoring me! You dont walk with me to school or walk me home, you dont chat me anymore, you dont tell me stuff about your life! You're always around Nara or Yujung! You dont call me by the nicknames you gave me, you dont even look at me! So cut the bullshit Areum! Why are you avoiding me?!" Soyeon lets her frustration out, the questions that has been bothering her for days she lets them all out.

"What are we, Soyeon-ah?" Soyeon furrows her eyebrows at the question,
"What?" Areum takes a deep breath,

"What are we? You expect me to do all those things, when we're not even together. Tell me, do you like me? Or do you not? Just make up your damn mind Soyeon! Because I'm not just gonna sit around here forever, waiting for you to like me romantically! You only see me as your best friend, and when I try to move on you get mad at me! I avoid you to try and move on! Because I'm tired of waiting around, I'm tired of waiting for you to make up your mind on what you like! So tell me Soyeon, what are we?"

The girl's sudden outburst, shock Soyeon, Soyeon notices the tears that Areum is trying to hold back, she sucks in a breath trying to figure out an answer.

"We're best friends Areum, we always have been." Soyeon looks at Areum who has an unreadable expression.

"Then, I got my answer." Areum turns her back away from Soyeon not walking away just yet, she hopes that Soyeon would reach out for her but she never did.

Areum walks away from the girl, leaving her alone. Soyeon tries to process everything that just happened. Before she could even realize it, the Song girl was gone.

Soyeon looks down, she thinks for a moment before walking home. Alone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3rd Person POV:

"Im home!" Areum takes her shoes off, and was greeted by her step-brother.
"Hi, Oppa." Areum gives him a smile,
Chunho smiles back, he takes her bag before going to the kitchen.

"How was school?" Areum smiles, trying to mask her sadness.
"It was fine, just normal. Also it was announced that there will be a military training for us? Is that true?" Areum takes a bite of her food, while looking at her brother.

Chunho nods, and asks for the waver which Areum gives.
"Is there something, you're not telling me? Oppa?" Chunho sighs,

"I cant tell you, but no matter what. I want you to listen intensively. No matter what dont go near any spheres or anything. And make a move on your girl." Areum rolls her eyes and throws her napkin to Chunho.

---------------------------------------------------------

3rd Person POV:

Students pulling their luggages and going inside the school greeting their friends all excited of what's to come.

"Hey, Deokjoong!" One of the students greet and quickly give Deokjoong a high five as he walks through the hallways with his bags.

"You got it signed?" Deokjoong says and points his finger at his friend
"Of course!" The male student answers