Saiyara Reau

Saiyara Reau

Saiyara Josie Gutiérrez Reau (born June 11, 1992), is an American ring announcer, professional wrestler, and singer

Saiyara Josie Gutiérrez Reau (born June 11, 1992), is an American ring announcer, professional wrestler, and singer. She is signed to WWE, where she appears under the ring name Saiyara Reau. Saiyara starred in a reality television series for BET documenting her career, family, and personal life called Life with Saiyara; the show ran for six seasons and became one of the most-watched programs in the network's history.

Born in Chula Vista, California, a suburb of San Diego, and raised in Oakland, California, she started performing in various singing and dancing competitions as a child before signing with A&M Records, under whom she released her debut studio album, The Mess I Made, in 2005. The record was certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).

Saiyara is of African-American, Samoan, and Mexican heritage. Saiyara has four siblings, including three younger brothers Sean, Mac, and Dominik, and a younger sister Aalyah.

In November 2023, she met her biological father, Rey Misterio, after a paternity test confirmed their connection.

Saiyara is part of an extended family of wrestlers, including her father, Rey Misterio, brother Dominik, great-uncle Rey Misterio, and her cousins El Hijo de Rey Misterio and Metalika.

Saiyara attended Fremont High School in Oakland, before later attending and graduating from Tracy High School in Tracy, California.

Saiyara has three children: two boys and a girl.

In 2007, Saiyara released her second studio album, Take A Breath, which spawned four number-one singles and earned her four Grammy awards. The album reached number one on the Billboard 200 and was certified platinum by the RIAA. Her third album, The Real Me (2008), was met with generally positive reviews and became the third of her career to debut atop of the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart as well as number two on the Billboard 200. Another commercial success, the album was certified platinum by the RIAA.

Saiyara has received numerous accolades including 16 Grammy Awards, 20 MTV Video Music Awards (including the 2021 Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award), 19 NAACP Image Awards, 24 BET Awards, and 10 Soul Train Music Awards, 2 Academy Awards, 4 Primetime Emmy Awards, and 2 Golden Globe Awards. Saiyara is one of the world's best-selling music artists, with sales of over 140 million records worldwide.

In 2010, Saiyara signed with the American professional wrestling promotion WWE and was given the ring name Saiyara Reau. She also serves as an ambassador, having even competed in some tag team events as a pro since 2010.

In 2023, she became the second solo artist to have their first seven studio albums debut at number one in the United States.