chapter 5

☆ ゜・ 。。・ ゜゜・ 。。・ ゜★

5. blinded

Jocelyn had invited Sonny over, taking up his offer of him cooking her a dinner. Sonny had sent her a list of ingredients and stuff so when he comes over, it's prepared, he was going to do it but Jocelyn insisted and won that fight. She watches Sonny cook as she drank her wine that Alex gad given her when she moved in.

"So, what are you making?" Jocelyn walks over to him, looking over his shoulder.

"Pollo Caprese Saltimbocca." The way he said it, the way it just slips off his tongue. Jocelyn was trying to pronounce it, Sonny helps her. He smiles as she whispers the words. "Alright stop being so cute." Jocelyn stood on her tippy toes, turning away from him, blushing. Sonny started to prepare the dinner, trying to be all fancy. "There you go." He slides her plate to her. Jocelyn takes a bite.

"Wow." Was all she said. Sonny claps his hands. "I mean you out did yourself Dominick." She takes another bit, he joins in. "How do you know how to cook like that?"

"My ma. Shes always in the kitchen, making stuff that can be leftovers for weeks."

"Can you cook for me now." They laughed and all as they ate. After they grabbed their glass of wine, still sitting on the bar stools. They were getting to know each other. If they were going to work together, they had to open and at least know some stuff about each other."So where you from?" She turns to him.

"I grew up in Staten Island which where my parents still live, Dominick and Serafina. Im Roman Catholic, i got three sisters, Gina, Teresa, and Bella. What else? I got two nieces. I began my career as a patrol officer in the Bronx. After getting my detective's shield, i did some time in Homicide and then transferred to Manhattan SVU." Sonny chats up. "You know that im in night school at Fordham studying to become lawyer." He nods.

"Wow." Jocelyn taps on the marble table. "My turn i guess." She clears her throat. "I grew up in San Jose, California. I got my siblings, Alex, Issac and Yessina. Im a lovely aunt so soon to be three, we got Winona and Alejandro and soon to be baby. My moms name is Claudia, my dads name is Pedro. Sadly when i was in homicide, my father was killed a few years ago, its been the five of us for a while. I was an officer in San francisco and then i got my shield and went to LA for homicide as well, and now im here."

"Im sorry about your father. I bet he's proud of you."

"I like to believe that he is." She shrugs, kinda wanting to stop talking about her father before she cries in front of a man she worked with, who barely knew her. "Great guy, i think he would have liked you." Sonny noticed the short talk about the conversation, now steering away.