03|Act of the Gods

The oh-so familiar voice to them all, was the rather clear reason why Winter was now being so defensive. Robb and Rhaena winced at the words as they turned around. Elayna and Theon had been in another blade-lock and they were both lowering their swords, turning to look at Catelyn Stark as she was walking over with a regal, dignified air about her.

Except for her facial expression, which rather only just made it look like she was going to explode with rage. "Uh oh." Robb mumbled and at the scent of worry, Grey Wind had also come running across the field to meet with them.

Elayna sheathed her sword as she walked forward to meet her mother, holding her head up as she walked. But she was forced to look down, since she was taller than her mother and Catelyn Stark was staring at her daughter. "Why were you not at tea with myself and the Queen?" She asked and Elayna was shaking her head.

"You don't want me at any sort of a tea, Mother, I will probably simply just ruin whatever relationship you have built with the Lannisters." Elayna replied and Catelyn looked like she was about to burst with rage. "And unlike you, I have no reason to be there. I am not a lady, mother, I am a wolf." She said.

"Your defiance will cost you one day, young lady." Catelyn Stark snapped and silently now, Elayna looked entirely unbothered by the prospect as Winter loped over to stand by her side and bared her fangs at Catelyn. "Mark my words well, young lady, it will cost you."

"I have certainly heard those words, before." Elayna replied simply and Catelyn flinched noticeably at her daughter's smug tone as if she had been struck, while Elayna was scratching Winter behind the ears. "Are we done here, Lady Stark?" She asked and Catelyn was turning around and walking away.

"You might regret that." Robb noted and Elayna glanced over at him with a shrug. "You know how our mother gets." He pointed out as she nodded, before Winter reared up and pawed at the air for a moment.

"True. Maybe, I will regret it eventually," she unsheathed the sword again, swinging the Valyrian steel blade through the air and it seemed to sing, as it sliced through the air. "But, for now... I sure won't." She said with a bright grin on her face.

Robb and Jon were sparring together while Rhaena, Elayna and Theon were sparring all too quickly together, while Grey Wind, Arya and Winter were all watching them go at it.

"Is that a woman in armor? That's preposterous." At the words, everybody turned to look at the sound of the disgusting words.

It was unsurprising to them, that it was Prince Joffrey Baratheon standing there at the edge of the training yard, with what looked like a small wave of Lannisters all following him around.

"Is it?" Rhaena asked coldly as she was looking at Elayna, who looked like she was ready to destroy the prince in combat. "The two of us, we can fight just as well, as anybody here who isn't the master-at-arms for Winterfell." She said coldly and Joffrey scoffed.

"Everyone here is simply going easy on you, obviously. There is no way that any girl, could beat a trained man." Joffrey stated and Elayna was shaking her head at the words. "How dare you disagree with me?" He snapped.

"How dare you disrespect my sister in our own home?" Robb snapped back at him and Elayna glanced at her twin, who was angrily staring at Joffrey. "She can fight better than you, I'll bet." He said coldly.

"Is that a challenge?" Joffrey snapped as Robb moved to the side, as Elayna spun her sword in her hand.

"Yes, it is." Elayna said with a tone of voice that matched Robb, in terms of anger and he was scoffing, looking around at his fellow Lannisters for help. But they knew that they couldn't do anything, so they said nothing in response to his look.